The Celtic All Seasons thread

16 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The homophobic undertones around Cantwell is an embarrassment to be fair. I think it highlights how ingrained and socially acceptable causal homophobia still is on this island.

But you can be a dick regardless of if you are gay or not.  Cantwell is a nob and that has nothing to do with his sexuality what ever it is 

47 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

But you can be a dick regardless of if you are gay or not.  Cantwell is a nob and that has nothing to do with his sexuality what ever it is 

Of course you can, but it’s the homophobic abuse that you tend to see when he is getting criticised for doing his TikToks. Even on Instagram he got a lot of it after he used a filter on one of his posts. That’s a separate issue as to whether you believe he is a dick or not.

Edited by AJF

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course you can, but it’s the homophobic abuse that you tend to see when he is getting criticised for doing his TikToks. Even on Instagram he got a lot of it after he used a filter on one of his posts. That’s a separate issue as to whether you believe he is a dick or not.

So no skin in this game and in the interests of fairness Kyogo is also a dick. 

Could not give a toss about if he's gay. 

29 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

So no skin in this game and in the interests of fairness Kyogo is also a dick. 

Could not give a toss about if he's gay. 

Yep, I totally get that. And I should be clear, I’m not saying that criticism of a player doing TikTok’s is homophobic. I was more getting at those that do reference his sexuality in any comments.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

Yep, I totally get that. And I should be clear, I’m not saying that criticism of a player doing TikTok’s is homophobic. I was more getting at those that do reference his sexuality in any comments.

I guess not going on Follow Follow I've not seen any of those

On 26/01/2024 at 11:01, Insaintee said:

Of course, but that's not the point I was making. My point wasn't about Cantwell, it was about the ''banter'' that's made about him.

What I was referring to were the various jokes and memes made about him online, often with homophobic themes behind them, and it's embarrassing.

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Lots of noise about us putting a bid in for Van Hooijdonk, I’d rather spend similar money on Miovski tbh.

This window has been pish 😟

Suspect it’s a loan to buy. Fits what Rodgers likes in a centre forward, seeing as his style of play has absolutely killed Kyogo I think either him or Miovski is a must.

The issue is Aberdeen are under no obligation to sell to us, let alone for a decent price.

I’d be disappointed if they did in all honesty, much like I’d be disappointed with Shankland going to Rangers on the cheap, even if it’s Naismiths desperation.

3 hours ago, stressball said:

Suspect it’s a loan to buy. Fits what Rodgers likes in a centre forward, seeing as his style of play has absolutely killed Kyogo I think either him or Miovski is a must.

The issue is Aberdeen are under no obligation to sell to us, let alone for a decent price.

I’d be disappointed if they did in all honesty, much like I’d be disappointed with Shankland going to Rangers on the cheap, even if it’s Naismiths desperation.

I’m not sure I’m picking you up right, but are you suggesting that Hearts would somehow agree to a cut price deal with us for Shankland because of something to do with Naismith?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure I’m picking you up right, but are you suggesting that Hearts would somehow agree to a cut price deal with us for Shankland because of something to do with Naismith?

Not at all.

I’m suggesting Naismith wouldn’t dig his heels in too much to stop him going, he’s already quoted the “right price” malarkey. 

Don’t worry, I’m not suggesting Naismith has been in the blue room concocting some weird deal to secure Shankland for a packet of Freddos.

Broony is off to a winning start at Ayr United. But what's Scott Brown really like as a manager compared to his playing days?

Nutmeg Magazine went to watch him close up when he was in charge at Fleetwood.

Chris Sweeney got close enough to pick up gems like "It’s not fucking hard..." and "He’s doing my tits in..."

But Chris, a Celtic fan, didn't get the fireworks he imagined. He was pleasantly surprised by what he saw.

"Calm, instructive, encouraging..." were the words he used to describe his style.

https://bit.ly/3vOIPKp 

So, its seems we really do have no interest in SvH, instead it seems we are signing the guy Norwich city are punting (Adam Idah) to make room for SvH.

Couldn't make this shit up, had a quick look at a Norwich message board and this Idah chap sounds like hes absolute dug shite aswell.

Not amused.

36 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

So, its seems we really do have no interest in SvH, instead it seems we are signing the guy Norwich city are punting (Adam Idah) to make room for SvH.

Couldn't make this shit up, had a quick look at a Norwich message board and this Idah chap sounds like hes absolute dug shite aswell.

Not amused.

A disgruntled fan base so sign a local hero from Cork to appease them.

Seems very shrewd to me.

2 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Not amused.

It’s a shambles, it’s embarrassing how we have operated in the transfer market these last few windows

That was as truly terrible transfer window for us. It was obvious that most of the punts we had signed in the last one weren't up to scratch even before the end of the that window. Even though we had a decent sized squad it was obvious where we were requiring competition at the very least. I'm going to shit myself every time I see a tough tackle on Kyogo. It will be interesting as to what Rodgers says now after this window he surely can't be content with what's going on.