The Celtic All Seasons thread

18 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"their fans expectations" 

All of them?

So are you tying to tell me that there are Celtic fans out there that believe their level is being knocked out in the CL 2nd Qualifying Round at home to Ferencvaros?

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn't want him in the position permanently in the first instance. What is happening now was an inevitability.

It's good to see we have different expectations after the first defeat of the season.
I take it you had higher expectations of making the group stages when Rodgers was here?

So are you tying to tell me that there are Celtic fans out there that believe their level is being knocked out in the CL 2nd Qualifying Round at home to Ferencvaros?

How ridiculous [emoji1787]

You think that's what I'm saying?

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see we have different expectations after the first defeat of the season.
I take it you had higher expectations of making the group stages when Rodgers was here?

It isn't just a first defeat of the season though is it? Its a significantly embarrassing defeat.

It is also a defeat that impacts our ability to generate much needed revenue. A defeat that impacts our ability to retain our best players. A defeat that damages our reputation further and really shuts down many potential transfer prospects. 

If your expectations are met by going out of the Champions League at this stage then yes we are poles apart on what we want to see from our club. 

You are mentioning Rodgers and the group stages of the Champions League and within 3 seasons we cant even reach the playoff round of the same competition. That's significant in terms of the backwards steps we are taking and yes im far from happy about that

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've already said the manager has took full responsibility for the team selection last night but what has the wage bill got to do with losing a one off game? 

Teams with higher wage bills win football matches. There is a strong correlation here that is well established.

I appreciate that one-off games are unpredictable and this results in unpredictable results, but context is also important. Ferencvaros were similar odds that NSI do tonight against Aberdeen. If Aberdeen lose tonight, it will be an absolutely shocking result. They had a 1 in 10 shot, and it landed. The same way the 1 in 4 or 5 shots landed for AEK and Cluj.

You'd have to be extremely unlucky to land those results purely by chance.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've already said the manager has took full responsibility for the team selection last night but what has the wage bill got to do with losing a one off game? 

He has to, no one else picks the team.

But what he hasn't taken responsibility or apologised for is not learning from the same mistake that put us out of the same competition last year. Buying players and then putting them on the bench to play another player in an unfamiliar position? Failing to make any significant tactical changes to try get us back in the game?

You cannot be happy with this

17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

How ridiculous emoji1787.png

You think that's what I'm saying?

Well, you seem to be contesting my view that Celtic have not met their fans expectations.

So if that's not what you are saying... what are you actually saying?

Well, you seem to be contesting my view that Celtic have not met their fans expectations.
So if that's not what you are saying... what are you actually saying?
It's a shocker of a result but I'd be happy getting to the group stages of the Europa and doing well in the league.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But what he hasn't taken responsibility or apologised for is not learning from the same mistake that put us out of the same competition last year. Buying players and then putting them on the bench to play another player in an unfamiliar position? Failing to make any significant tactical changes to try get us back in the game?

You are talking far to much sense Jinky. Klimala should have played last night but instead he picks Christie up front as he won’t drop Brown has cost him and the club. 

I get he was raging but calling out players and suggesting they leave last night was silly. That’s a private conversation.

Tbh though you are the only Celtic fan on P&B that seems bothered about getting knocked out. The rest are very accepting.

Will this force Edouard to reconsider his future ?

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I said last night on the European thread Lennon has hanged himself out to dry, you have already said you didn't want him in charge.
He is in a lose lose with you even thou CL group stages has never been guaranteed at any time.
Bad result bad performance yes but mountain out of a molehill Feck off. 

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I said last night on the European thread Lennon has hanged himself out to dry, you have already said you didn't want him in charge.
He is in a lose lose with you even thou CL group stages has never been guaranteed at any time.
Bad result bad performance yes but mountain out of a molehill Feck off. 

An inability to learn from your previous mistakes doesn't make it just a bad result and just a bad performance. It's a behaviour that will repeat itself time and time again.

A defeat that directly impacts our ability to retain and recruit players that we depend upon to deliver the league isn't a mountain out of a molehill neither. There is a real risk of the wheels falling off here after his outburst.

If you are too blinkered to see that then that's up to you however judging by what we saw last night who is to say getting into the Europa League is a given? The next tie I think isn't until the 24th of September, Edouard could be long gone by then and Lennon is possibly forced to rely on strikers whose confidence he destroyed last night. Christ only knows what Klimala is thinking or feeling just now

Lennon isn't on a lose lose with me, he has every opportunity to change my opinion. What he done last night only suggests that my concerns and reservations about bringing him back are merited

Edited by Jinky67

33 minutes ago, G51 said:

Teams with higher wage bills win football matches. There is a strong correlation here that is well established.

I appreciate that one-off games are unpredictable and this results in unpredictable results, but context is also important. Ferencvaros were similar odds that NSI do tonight against Aberdeen. If Aberdeen lose tonight, it will be an absolutely shocking result. They had a 1 in 10 shot, and it landed. The same way the 1 in 4 or 5 shots landed for AEK and Cluj.

You'd have to be extremely unlucky to land those results purely by chance.

Your contradiction is appreciated..

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Nicham one of the players Lennon was referring to last night?

First player I thought of when I seen the interview and the fact they're out there finding other central midfielders would suggest so!

It could be anyone, as I said on the Celtic European thread last night, no one apart from Brown, Forrest or McGregor want to play for Lennon.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It could be anyone, as I said on the Celtic European thread last night, no one apart from Brown, Forrest or McGregor want to play for Lennon.

The rumours are that it was referring to Ajer, Christie, Ntcham and Edouard, and the issue came to a head after the Killie draw.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

The rumours are that it was referring to Ajer, Christie, Ntcham and Edouard, and the issue came to a head after the Killie draw.

I imagine having a raging manager come in and spit all over you, despite setting you up in a way that hinders you, when you fail to win one game, would be enough to want anyone to want to leave, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A defeat that directly impacts our ability to retain and recruit players that we depend upon to deliver the league isn't a mountain out of a molehill neither.

We don't need the CL dosh to win the league, our signing policy is clear to everyone, the loyalty of the players and the club is clear after Tierney left.
Players come and go yet we win every domestic trophy available,Lennon can't win with you the minute we lose a game, Celtic can't improve on perfection.

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We don't need the CL dosh to win the league, our signing policy is clear to everyone, the loyalty of the players and the club is clear after Tierney left.
Players come and go yet we win every domestic trophy available,Lennon can't win with you the minute we lose a game, Celtic can't improve on perfection.

This  terrifies me as a Celtic fan. I wouldn't be surprised if your surname was Lawell. I'm genuinely hoping you aren't one of those who turned on KT either 

The thing is we do need European revenues to win the league. Its those revenues that allow us sign better players than the other teams in the league based on a promise of European Football. 

Not being in Europe has a direct impact on the players we retain. Going out last night will have a direct impact on Edouard staying at Celtic which has a very real impact on our ability to win the league.....fact. If you cant or refuse to see that then I guess you rely on blind faith.

Celtic can't improve on perfection eh. I'm pretty sure that's what it said on the lid of the biscuit tin. 🙄 Our performances despite winning trophies last season weren't perfect

However it does make me happy that I don't fit into lets just be better than Rangers category of fan, I want to see progression. I want to see us increase the gap on Rangers and again participate in the Champions League one day. We aren't progressing, we are going backwards and its becoming a matter of time before we stop winning every trophy domestically

Edited by Jinky67