The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic changing a CEO, a manager, 10+ players and possibly hiring a new DOF all in one summer?

That's a hell of a lot of decisions to get right.

Especially when you consider European qualifiers. A new manager could have been in place months ago, assessed his squad and had a transfer window by now. Im also hearing about a Director of Football too.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Especially when you consider European qualifiers. A new manager could have been in place months ago, assessed his squad and had a transfer window by now. Im also hearing about a Director of Football too.

It's going to be really difficult for Celtic to turn all that over and get all of those hires and signings right. Like you say, the European qualifiers add a layer of complexity (though I think the CL was probably a long shot anyway, looking at the teams in the non-champions path).

Rangers changed a CEO, manager, 10+  players and a DOF, but it took us about 18 months to do all of that and we still didn't get it all right first time. Celtic will have more money to throw at it, but it still feels very ambitious.

32 minutes ago, Douglas Peel said:

On BBC Scotland news today ,E,mails gathered by BBC  under freedom of information,seem to say Celtic fc were given the ok for foreign travel on November 12th,by the Scottish goverment.That seems strange to be condemned later for the trip by the same  goverment?

Stating the obvious i suppose...but from the same BBC news item today " Celtic flew out to Dubai just days before Coronavirus restrictions were tightened"

9 minutes ago, Douglas Peel said:

Stating the obvious i suppose...but from the same BBC news item today " Celtic flew out to Dubai just days before Coronavirus restrictions were tightened"

They flew out on 2 January.  Mainland Scotland was placed into the highest level of COVID restrictions on Boxing Day. 

8 minutes ago, Douglas Peel said:

Stating the obvious:

Glasgow was in teir 3 on 12 November

There was a gradual ramping up of restrictions from a week or so later. 

The whole of the country was shut down from boxing day.

There was general recognition from early December onwards that the post Christmas period into January was going to be a clusterfuck. 

The government said we could go is just a pish deflection technique for taking 60 (sixty) of your employees on a trip that pissed off the majority of Celtic fans for being crass and unbelievably out of touch with reality.

What it does sound like to me is that the BBC are trying to work their way back into Lennon's good books. 

I don't really understand why Chris McLaughlin led with "Celtic got approval for the Dubai trip in November" which everyone knows already, when the emails also explicitly state that this approval is conditional on the players using restricted parts of the hotel that aren't accessible to the members of the public. Of course, as we all know ,Celtic were in parts of the hotel that were accessible to the public.

Maybe it has something to do with who he got the emails from, idk.

37 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Stating the obvious:

Glasgow was in teir 3 on 12 November

There was a gradual ramping up of restrictions from a week or so later. 

The whole of the country was shut down from boxing day.

There was general recognition from early December onwards that the post Christmas period into January was going to be a clusterfuck. 

The government said we could go is just a pish deflection technique for taking 60 (sixty) of your employees on a trip that pissed off the majority of Celtic fans for being crass and unbelievably out of touch with reality.

What it does sound like to me is that the BBC are trying to work their way back into Lennon's good books. 

Absolutely. And having a wee snider at the SNP Scottish Government is so very Pacific Quay.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Trying to do normal things in a pandemic has became political and a crime,what a fecking world we live in. 

Normal things such a fly to the other side of the world for a jolly, infect your squad and then return and claim it was remarkable you only infected two people?

Off topic, and people might already know about this, but I just stumbled across this article on the BBC.

It concerns ex Celtic player and manager Lou Macari, and suffice to say he has proved his quality here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1yNNxC7w0C1Dgc3vjZNtY9Y/the-former-footballer-who-set-up-a-homeless-shelter-i-thought-surely-we-can-do-better-than-this

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Normal things such a fly to the other side of the world for a jolly, infect your squad and then return and claim it was remarkable you only infected two people?

Quite, and it was only limited to 2 because of an enforced self isolation protocol of 16 people that Celtic thought was unfair against them.

The news today is not news, there is no new info provided to that which was already known. 

Possibly Celtics last chance of stopping Rangers is pissing off the Scottish Government to the extent they shut football down again. 

Would actually be quite funny if it worked....😂

6 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Quite, and it was only limited to 2 because of an enforced self isolation protocol of 16 people that Celtic thought was unfair against them.

The news today is not news, there is no new info provided to that which was already known. 

Possibly Celtics last chance of stopping Rangers is pissing off the Scottish Government to the extent they shut football down again. 

Would actually be quite funny if it worked....😂

Nobody wants football stopped but if sevco have 13 players out because of covid i'm sure they will take the fine and play with a full squad at a later date.

31 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Trying to do normal things in a pandemic has became political and a crime,what a fecking world we live in. 

When many of your own supporters arent able to see their family and friends for months on end. Or have lost their jobs. Or are unable to go about any semblance of a normal life. Or have died ffs. All while a staggeringly rich club run by a billionaire asks said supporters to buy season tickets they will never get to use.

The last year has been anything but normal for everyone. Football, and footballers, are in an incredibly privileged position. Knowing that, and yet Celtic still to decided to travel half way around the world claiming business as usual. It is still mind boggling that they went. Everyone and their granny knew it was a bad idea, seemingly with the exception of you, Lennon and the Celtic board.