The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know Keevins etc think Ange is a managerial God but he’s risking the confidence of the young lads taking a bashing playing against attacks like that.

I think when they arranged this friendly they/we all hoped and expected us to have a defence in place by now, it’s only been about a year since everyone knew we’ve need a whole new back 5. 

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know Keevins etc think Ange is a managerial God but he’s risking the confidence of the young lads taking a bashing playing against attacks like that.

Not sure there is much he can do though the friendly was arranged back in May. The responsibility to bring people in isn’t on him alone and this sadly for us Celtic fans is what he has to work with

49 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Has Barkas made his first save in a Celtic shirt yet?

He made 2 at 1-0. So so far that’s 2. Or on the plus side, he’s already made 2 more than he did last season. 

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Deafening applause for someone who wanted naked photos of children.

Celtic fans don't help themselves.

A really strange claim for what should really be described as a mixed reception in a stadium that had a restriction on it to be less than a third full. I don’t why somebody would want this to be true, it’s just as creepy as the guys applauding him.

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

Still love the fact Celtic sold us Gordon because they had Barkas and Bain emoji23.png

We didn’t ‘sell’ you Gordon nor did we even have Barkas by that point. We offered him a deal but we were unable to guarantee him first team football which was understandable  for his age and his injuries.
In hindsight The 3 we let go last summer (Gordon, Hayes and Simunovic) would have played more often than not last year if fit. 

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Random question here, Owen Paul who was a 1 hit wonder in the mid eighties, played for Celtic Reserves. Can anyone remember if he was a decent player or did he apply the Ramsay effect?

Waste of time. 

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Waste of time. 

That would be the favourite answer, he was there at roughly the same time as a couple of people who were in my brothers class at School so was curious as to whether he was actually any good.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That would be the favourite answer, he was there at roughly the same time as a couple of people who were in my brothers class at School so was curious as to whether he was actually any good.

No idea, think he was Nicholas’s mate too. 

Ffs Gannon...

COPS swooped on a notorious football lout’s back garden - and seized a stolen Glasgow Commonwealth Games mascot missing for seven years.
Officers bundled 5ft thistle Clyde into a van at the home of police horse punch yob Kevin McGuire, 38, in Drumchapel, Glasgow

Screenshot-2021-07-24-at-22.19.20.png

The Sun on Sunday tipped off police that the missing Clyde - swiped from a plinth near Ibrox, Glasgow, in 2014 - was in footie thug McGuire’s garden.

Officers swooped on his pad after we alerted them to photos on Twitter which showed the missing model in the background.

They seized the fibreglass statue - one of 25 commissioned when Glasgow hosted the sports tournament - and took it to a nearby police station.

It was later driven to the council’s City Chambers, where Lord Provost Philip Braat gave it the once over, before returning it to the cop shop to be held as evidence.

Councillor Braat said after the bizarre raid on the football fan’s pad: “The theft was an affront to the people of Glasgow.”

Football fan McGuire, 38 - who was hit with a footie ban and did jail time for punching police horses - denied knowledge of the mascot.

When asked how it ended up in his garden, he grabbed a mop in a fury and tried to whack our reporter with it.

The thug raged: “It’s nonsense. I don’t know anything about. Nothing. It’s a surprise.”

Cops raided McGuire’s garden in the city’s Drumchapel on Friday afternoon.

face-1.png

Screenshot-2021-07-24-at-22.18.12.png

McGuire got a five-year UK footie stadium ban and 10 months behind bars in February last year for thumping three police horses outside a football stadium.

But he was released weeks later in May 2020 amid efforts to halt the spread of Covid in prisons.
He’d been found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to animals, assaulting two officers and behaving in a threatening manner

13 minutes ago, Dolf said:

So how long until Mike Bassett Celtic manager gets bought a Qantas ticket?

Not sure anyone has a problem with him yet, he had last years team playing a lot better football last week against mytiland (?) and I wouldn’t look too much into a pre season friendly against a top 6 EPL team.

Edited by Drew Brees

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

A really strange claim for what should really be described as a mixed reception in a stadium that had a restriction on it to be less than a third full. I don’t why somebody would want this to be true, it’s just as creepy as the guys applauding him.

He went to take a corner and the applause more than drowned out the boos, m8.

Presumably a large portion of support was yer auld da who "doesn't read Facebook rumour pish", tbh.