The Celtic All Seasons thread

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Good to get another CB in, but I fear we are still very short squad wise.

Roll on January 

It was always going to be difficult to build a full squad in 1 window. 

Time for us now to give the man some backing, it's all on him now 🍀

Edited by Jinky67

So now the dust has settled what's everyone's preferred team going forward?

Hart 

Juranovic Welsh Starfelt Montgomery 

McGregor McCarthy Turnbull 

Abada Kyogo Jota 

Subs: Bain , Ralston , Carter Vickers, Bitton, Rogic , Forrest , Giakoumakis 

4 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

So now the dust has settled what's everyone's preferred team going forward?

Hart 

Juranovic Welsh Starfelt Montgomery 

McGregor McCarthy Turnbull 

Abada Kyogo Jota 

Subs: Bain , Ralston , Carter Vickers, Bitton, Rogic , Forrest , Giakoumakis 

If Carter vickers can’t get a game ahead of that huddy starfelt then why did you sign him. 

I think it's fair to say that CCV is at best an English Championship-level defender and was never, ever going to get into our squad, let alone the first-team. He's a hard worker and a trier, and that's counts for a lot but lacks a lot of tactical nous but for a big b*****d he's mobile enough. He's been around the loan houses of various English Championship clubs and it's telling, I think, that none have gone in to buy him after his respective spells although the £5m price tag may have been beyond most of those clubs. 

Good luck, Cameron, hope it all goes well.

Edited by N5 Spur
another typo

4 hours ago, N5 Spur said:

I think it's fair to say that CCV is at best an English Championship-level defender and was never, ever going to get into our squad, let alone the first-team. He's a hard worker and a trier, and that's counts for a lot but lacks a lot of tactical nous but for a big b*****d he's mobile enough. He's been around the loan houses of various English Championship clubs and it's telling, I think, that none have gone in to buy him after his respective spells although the £5m price tag may have been beyond most of those clubs. 

Good luck, Cameron, hope it all goes well.

Cheers for the info as will admit to knowing very little about him. On the other hand he is still quite young for a defender but still has a decent amount of experience under him, could be another Boyata type for us which I would take.

As for the window itself Im content tbh, with a new ceo/coach etc it was never going to go fast or smoothly. 
Whilst clubs in Scotland can often change a whole new team every summer it’s something pretty foreign to us and probably a lot more complicated dealing with the higher calibre of player and clubs they are attached to. Some very intriguing signings with more in the pipeline come January it would seem. Yes there are obvious gaps and still one or two to leave but Im looking forward to this season way more than I was a month or two ago.

Theres a few younger players in the squad I hope are pushing for positions in team this season also, it would be great if we could get 2 or 3 of the ,most promising getting a decent run out over season and be stepping up for next season.

Up to them ofcourse to prove in training first but I get feeling Ange will play players he thinks can step up so they do get the opportunity to develop into first team players

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Theres a few younger players in the squad I hope are pushing for positions in team this season also, it would be great if we could get 2 or 3 of the ,most promising getting a decent run out over season and be stepping up for next season.

Up to them ofcourse to prove in training first but I get feeling Ange will play players he thinks can step up so they do get the opportunity to develop into first team players

Its criminal we didn’t play more of them the tale end of last season.