The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Taylor has been brilliant for Celtic Moomin,that's why you should never compare expectations.

Tbf he was always going to be good, he was an absolute stand out for us & suffered from a bit of the mentality that he came from a "diddy" team.

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Tbf he was always going to be good, he was an absolute stand out for us & suffered from a bit of the mentality that he came from a "diddy" team.

It's a interesting point moomin but duz that exist in a players mindset and should it?
The Tierney effect also went against him from the fans which was very unfair.
I've said before Celtic should leave the Scottish market alone and look else where.

Just now, willywastecoat said:

It's a interesting point moomin but duz that exist in a players mindset and should it?
The Tierney effect also went against him from the fans which was very unfair.
I've said before Celtic should leave the Scottish market alone and look else where.

Not from the player himself but from some of the fans, he correctly backed himself to make the step up.

17 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Feel a bit dirty even asking this but its for a mate... 

A friend's daughter is studying in Glasgow later half of this year. The two of them are sports mad and would like to go to a Celtic (or Rangers, tbf) game. 

Do any of you know what hoops (pun fully intended) you'd have to jump through to get tickets for the away end for the champions league games? 

And are standard league games just public sale these days or do you need to go via the visiting club? 

Your best bet would probably be Ranger2 going bust as that would immediately open up 10,000 tickets in the home end at Celtic Park.

Just now, willywastecoat said:

Like I said the expectations can't be measured,Bolingoli and Bernabei helped.

Which does mean that sometimes, the obvious domestic option that is staring you in the face is the way to go. But, unusually, I get what you're saying.

1 minute ago, willywastecoat said:

Like I said the expectations can't be measured,Bolingoli and Bernabei helped.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think you’ve been whooshed mate. Nobody genuinely thinks that Johnston is a better player than Frimpong.

I’ve not seen frimpong since he left celtic but going on the appearances for us I’d have AJ in every time. 

42 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve not seen frimpong since he left celtic but going on the appearances for us I’d have AJ in every time. 

I’ve only really seen Johnston in the World Cup group stages where I didn’t think he looked that good however it’s unfair to judge him on 3 games in isolation. What I’m hearing on here from people who see him much more regularly is he’s better than Juranovic and Frimpong and on a par with KT.

If he’s that good, his stay at Scotland will be a very short one.

johnston.thumb.png.c7b8a48ace7cb9335f4254e3d136e46f.png

Johnston fine, but just an average Celtic full back really, while Frimpong was exceptional and one of the best in 19/20?

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

johnston.thumb.png.c7b8a48ace7cb9335f4254e3d136e46f.png

Johnston fine, but just an average Celtic full back really, while Frimpong was exceptional and one of the best in 19/20?

Was waiting for your graph to prove all the selective Sellick memories completely wrong 😂

27 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Was waiting for your graph to prove all the selective Sellick memories completely wrong 😂

You haven’t factored in that Celtic transcend trivial things like transfer fees and statistics. 

It is a culture, a community that accumulates football knowledge and a will to win that frimpong never harnessed. 

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

Is that right. I put it to a well loved, respected and admired Celtic forum this morning 😊. There’s plenty of replies mainly saying Frimpong was a winger playing as a defender and could run up and down the wing really fast, some even saying they preferred juranovic to Frimpong. As I’ve said I preferred AJ as he’s a solid defender and can cross the ball, whether he goes on from here only time will tell. A pie chart doesn’t tell the full story. 
FTR my work mates picked AJ to a man. 

IMG_5656.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees