The Celtic All Seasons thread

17 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Wasn't Biton abused in the past when he played for Celtic - and very recently online by Celtic fans?

He got on just fine with the fans til his post backing the IDF pissed off a few, and he removed it. The majority of fans backed him and I’m sure he got a standing ovation on his last, tearful, appearance. 
Not seen his post after the hamas attack but I’m sure, and I’m sure you also know, that it also pissed off some fans. 

So to answer your question, to the best of my knowledge, he was never abused when he played for Celtic. 

On 16/10/2023 at 16:21, bennett said:

I'm not clicking on that zippy, i never click on any of the stories you post why do you do it M8?
Do you think Celtic sign players from Israel to piss off a very small section of the Celtic fanbase?
Everyone Anyone.

4 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Well done to Matt O’Riley on his first senior call-up for Denmark this week & his player of the month award. 
At the ripe old age of 22 hopefully many more to come. 

He’s been outstanding so far this season. We still struggle to hold him past this summer I reckon so best enjoy him whilst he’s here however with him signing a new deal we will be quids in. Great piece of business again 

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s been outstanding so far this season. We still struggle to hold him past this summer I reckon so best enjoy him whilst he’s here however with him signing a new deal we will be quids in. Great piece of business again 

You can tell he enjoying his football right now. 

Seems as though Rodgers wants away fans at grounds with a standardised number. I wonder if that means he disagrees with Celtic’s alleged decision to not make away tickets available to Rangers for the match at Celtic Park in December.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

Seems as though Rodgers wants away fans at grounds with a standardised number. I wonder if that means he disagrees with Celtic’s alleged decision to not make away tickets available to Rangers for the match at Celtic Park in December.

Doesn’t matter if he does or doesn’t he’s never going to air it in the press is he? However if locking you out forces a conversation to be had about standardisation then that’s a positive thing. This 700 allocation at Ibrox doesn’t seem to benefit you in the slightest

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Doesn’t matter if he does or doesn’t he’s never going to air it in the press is he? However if locking you out forces a conversation to be had about standardisation then that’s a positive thing. This 700 allocation at Ibrox doesn’t seem to benefit you in the slightest

"The home club must make provision for for the admission of such reasonable numbers of visiting supporters at every home league match" Rules are rules and Rangers will ensure that the rules are adhered,  just like we recently did with the Spfl.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

"The home club must make provision for for the admission of such reasonable numbers of visiting supporters at every home league match" Rules are rules and Rangers will ensure that the rules are adhered,  just like we recently did with the Spfl.

And I’m sure we are shitting ourselves at the prospect of you flexing your muscles.

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Well done to Matt O’Riley on his first senior call-up for Denmark this week & his player of the month award. 
At the ripe old age of 22 hopefully many more to come. 

Mad to think he was a back up option we got for a fraction of what Mcgree would have cost.

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sounds like he just did air it in the press, though.

Rodgers’ comments and Celtic’s alleged position of refusing us tickets are not compatible.

I’ve already agreed that I oppose the reduced allocations, but that’s different from no allocation at all.

Just now, AJF said:

Sounds like he just did air it in the press, though.

Rodgers’ comments and Celtic’s alleged position of refusing us tickets are not compatible.

I’ve already agreed that I oppose the reduced allocations, but that’s different from no allocation at all.

And you already know the reasons as to why Celtic won’t take or offer an allocation due to fears over fan safety at both grounds or is keeping fans safe not considered reasonable because this is exactly the point Celtic will leverage and if Police Scotland have a say, which they likely do, they will also be very likely to concur with Celtic as it puts pressure on them too.

You can moan about it all you like or complain about views being incompatible but f**k all is going to happen until Rangers themselves start being reasonable. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Neither Celtic nor Rangers are going to accept a set percentage for away fans, unless that percentage is around 1%.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And you already know the reasons as to why Celtic won’t take or offer an allocation due to fears over fan safety at both grounds or is keeping fans safe not considered reasonable because this is exactly the point Celtic will leverage and if Police Scotland have a say, which they likely do, they will also be very likely to concur with Celtic as it puts pressure on them too.

You can moan about it all you like or complain about views being incompatible but f**k all is going to happen until Rangers themselves start being reasonable. 

They want 8000, they're not getting 8000 so they'll manufacture concerns about safety to try to force the issue.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Neither Celtic nor Rangers are going to accept a set percentage for away fans, unless that percentage is around 1%.

Not sure that’s accurate considering the club have been pretty vocal about seeing the old allocations return but I do agree they aren’t going offer Aberdeen 8000 away tickets either. 

I imagine it would be something around a set % given against the number of season ticket holders the visiting side has with some sort of ceiling set based on the capacity of the ground