The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 11/01/2024 at 10:29, craigkillie said:

A routine home league match is not a big game, and 2 minutes in a game that's already settled is not "a chance".

When every domestic match is a must win, it's a big game for us.

Fella looks like a Henrik Larsson and Paddy Roberts love child. Hopefully he has some of their ability too.

Owen Beck rumours aren’t going away which is odd considering his recall and still a lot of noise about us looking at Kellaher too

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

"At Celtic, it's about doing all we can to win every game"

I think Kuhn has had a pep talk from Paul Lambert.

^^^ Diddy fan of a team that doesn’t understand that winning games of football is key to being a football team.

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Fella looks like a Henrik Larsson and Paddy Roberts love child. Hopefully he has some of their ability too.

Owen Beck rumours aren’t going away which is odd considering his recall and still a lot of noise about us looking at Kellaher too

I can see a T being added to his surname. 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

"At Celtic, it's about doing all we can to win every game"

I think Kuhn has had a pep talk from Paul Lambert.

There's someone who can understand a word Paul Lambert says? 

On 11/01/2024 at 20:30, gannonball said:

He left when he was 17 not sure how many appearances you would expect a player to have had by then? He would have probably had a bit more too at that age  if he had signed a contract. The same went for Morrison who left for Bayern, he would have played for us by then if he signed a deal and probably have had load of appearances for us by now given Walsh was seen as  behind him despite being a fair bit older iirc.

As for Dembele it was always an attitude thing apparently so no complaints there and he's hardly kicked on. 

Back to Vata I think he is in the same boat where he would have played more for us  if he signed a new deal. I think his final nail for him though was liking Haksabanovic's dig at Celtic on Instagram. Its not ideal but I get why Celtic aren't giving them a first team chance if they are refusing to commit.  I also get why they f**k off as theres more cash elsewhere and absolutely no  guarantee they are going to make it in senior football so might as well take it while they can like Feruz.

They probably didn't sign new deals because there is no clear path to the first team at Celtic.

We had a similar issue in the past.

Every big team were trying to steal Turnbull from Motherwell at one point but he signed pro forms there because plenty youngsters were getting a chance at the time.

I'm not sure us playing 15 and 16 year olds in any circumstance is going to be helpful either to their development or the competitions we are in. Unless they are Fabregas kind of level of course.

I'm also pretty sure you can't tie down 16 year olds to long term contracts so you're kind of fucked either way. The system is designed in such a way that youngsters get the best options, which in practice means going to elite teams.

8 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Hoping Vata signs a new deal. Good to see him get his first goal yesterday. Would be good to see another youth player make the breakthrough.

Signing Kuhn has probably made his mind up,St Brendan isn't the type of manager to give youth a chance, any manager at Celtic needs to make a choice between winning and developing M8.

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Reports that Atletico Madrid have made a bid for O’Riley. If true he’ll surely want to go.

Yes that’s the rumour however he’s been our best player this season so really shouldn’t be selling in this window especially since it’s an initial loan with future obligation to buy.

Edited by Jinky67