Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday August 5

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less than two weeks to the season starts properly and I'd say it's looking extremely unlikely that we're going to have any match fit Premiership level strikers to choose from. Considering Cummings' transfer was in the post for a year, that's a pretty poor state of affairs.

Similar level of challenge to Ross County away, which we probably should have won. Would like to think our quality elsewhere might get the job done. Pretty poor from the club if that's not the case and we start slowly with a bunch of huddies up front.

Hibs fans will be fired up like never before. We are back and we are coming for all of you after you laughed at us going down. Who's laughing now eh!?

[emoji23] + [emoji23] + [emoji23]

Have one for each season you were away [emoji108]

19 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Hibs fans will be fired up like never before. We are back and we are coming for all of you after you laughed at us going down. Who's laughing now eh!?

18 hours ago, Lebowski said:

We fucking deserved to be laughed at. Absolute shambles for years and the eventual relegation had been in the post for 3 years before it happened.

Note to the Hibees: this is what we'll face next year. They're afraid, we're back.

9 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Less than two weeks to the season starts properly and I'd say it's looking extremely unlikely that we're going to have any match fit Premiership level strikers to choose from. Considering Cummings' transfer was in the post for a year, that's a pretty poor state of affairs.

Similar level of challenge to Ross County away, which we probably should have won. Would like to think our quality elsewhere might get the job done. Pretty poor from the club if that's not the case and we start slowly with a bunch of huddies up front.

Completely agree. It sounds as though Stokes will sign, the cub seem to have made this the priority signing which is understandable but comes with problems. He's barely played for a full year and seems to have spent half the summer on the lash. It will take months to get him back to full fitness and leaves us with no fit proven goal scorer at this level at the start of the competitive games. Lets not even entertain the thought of our plight if he goes elsewhere......

It seems as though Lennon wants to give Shaw a chance this season which I think is probably the right decision and I can, begrudgingly, understand the Murray signing. However, it was clear at the end of last season that Graham isn't good enough, hopefully Big Lithuanian Davey is a direct replacement for him but he will have had just over a weeks training and the Alloa game on Saturday as preparation. 

A few poor results at the start of the season and questions need to be asked of the clubs summer activities.

End of the day, this all comes down to Lennon. He was saying yesterday in his press conference that he isn't bothered we are getting players in late on and at the last minute. He obviously doesn't understand the concept of a pre-season and what it's for. Honestly, the quicker Hibs fans wake up to this shambles of a manager the better. c***s hanging about hoping Rogers goes so he can go back to Celtic. 

21 minutes ago, Wallace Mercer said:

After watching "highlights" of the game on Friday hibs would struggle to score in a brothel. Comfortable win for the jaggies in my honest opinion.

Wallace Mercer was still alive the last time I heard that expression get used.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Hillside Bowling Club for pre match drinks. It's been too long 8)

Just had to google that one, ever knew it existed tbh.  Do they have much of a choice of beers apart from the generic Tennents, Carling etc?

Just had to google that one, ever knew it existed tbh.  Do they have much of a choice of beers apart from the generic Tennents, Carling etc?

It's been a while. Typical bowling club fare. Definitely Tennents then just down Montgomery Road (?) and you've got Middletons and The Mash Tun before going down Albion Road.

46 minutes ago, Wallace Mercer said:

After watching "highlights" of the game on Friday hibs would struggle to score in a brothel. Comfortable win for the jaggies in my honest opinion.

so tempting but the mods dished out a final warning last time cause wee SJC got his feelings hurt. 

Archived