Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday August 5

18 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

It's been a while. Typical bowling club fare. Definitely Tennents then just down Montgomery Road (?) and you've got Middletons and The Mash Tun before going down Albion Road.

Middletons is Tennents/Carling etc only and Mash Tun is alright but a bit pricey for what it is imo.  If the bowling club even had a Stella that'd be a decent option for away fans.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see this being the first of many low-scoring draws this season to be honest.

At one end, we have Ofir Marciano (now with a season of Scottish football under his belt and stability in his career), Steven Whittaker back with the club, plus #rocks like McGregor and Hanlon. Gray and Stevenson could be our weak spots but all in all I can't complain one bit. Throw Marvin Bartley in front of them and we're a very difficult team to break down (unless you're Celtic).

But going forward, the only things that excite me is signing a goalscoring midfielder like Danny Swanson, McGinn shooting a bit more and the possibility of Stokes coming home. Apart from that, we're looking light and the Ross County game seemed to show that we miss an out and out goalscorer like Cummings. Still unsure about Lennon, but I'm very sure of at least ten league draws this season.

With 12,000+ season ticket holders, walk ups and - I'm guessing - a healthy Thistle following, it should be a big crowd for our return anyway.

Middletons is Tennents/Carling etc only and Mash Tun is alright but a bit pricey for what it is imo.  If the bowling club even had a Stella that'd be a decent option for away fans.

Bus is leaving at half eleven so two hours of pre match boozing will make me an insufferable arsehole anyways [emoji14]

17 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

If you're parking on London Rd, take a look at the Artisan bar. 

That's our usual away haunt at Easter Road, decent enough wee bar all in. Think Thistle fans would be more welcome in bars on Easter Road than we would!

1 hour ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I've asked for a ticket near the back of the stand. I hope that doesn't mean I'll be drenched in phlegm from above if we win.

You aren't playing one of the old firm.  Wear a cap just in case though. 

1 hour ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I've asked for a ticket near the back of the stand. I hope that doesn't mean I'll be drenched in phlegm from above if we win.

Good luck with that, last time I requested 2 tickets at the back from Firhill's ticket office was for Ibrox and 1 was in row A and the other row E.

Me too but it's okay we've got the full South Stand and probably get a wedge of the West Stand too.

It makes absolutely no difference what you ask for, they just send the next one in the pile

On 25/07/2017 at 19:27, Dudu Dahan pal said:

so tempting but the mods dished out a final warning last time cause wee SJC got his feelings hurt. 

Still peddling this pish that I grassed you up to the Mods for mocking a cancer victim? What an example as a father you are!

On 7/25/2017 at 16:20, Griff Sheridan said:

Ah that takes me back to George Best's first home game for Hibs. No segregation and as an admitted bunch of wee fannies from the Weege, me and my mates got gobbed on constantly. We complained to the polis who shrugged and told us that they had other stuff to do.  So we left early and hung around the environs of Easter Rd letting down car tyres before it was time to get the supporters bus home.  GIRUY.

Edited to add... I'm an old guy now, obvs

Archived