TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

I wasn’t going to bother offering my tuppence but f**k it, I really enjoy Gerry Cinnamon. His songs are simple but they’re really catchy and relatable (imo). Folk don’t like him, that’s fine but there seems to be a lot of folk looking down on him, “ned with guitar” etc, the boys done fantastically for himself. Any other unsigned acts pulling crowds like that? A big crowd doesn’t necessarily mean he’s good but it suggests he’s doing something right and that he’s doing it himself is praise worthy in my book.

Gerry Cinnamon's not my cup of tea but fair fucks to him. He's fair pulling in the crowds.

Arctic Monkeys were sensational on Sunday night. Much better than they were at Primavera. Was also delighted to catch Interpol as I've wanted to see them for years.

Watching it back on iPlayer today. Goodness me Matt Helders is a monster on drums. 

Edited by well fan for life

Noticed there are no highights on BBC tonight. Wonder why? Have Queen refused? :( 

EDIT was going to set the timer so I can watch some of the set again when I get back home. Bugger.

Edited by IainMorton

Noticed there are no highights on BBC tonight. Wonder why? Have Queen refused? [emoji20] 
EDIT was going to set the timer so I can watch some of the set again when I get back home. Bugger.
That's a shitter. I was looking forward to re-watching. I've never seen a gig I've been at on tv so it looks like that tradition will continue. Yt clips of phone footage it is then!

I've watched the arctic monkeys set a couple of times on iPlayer and I think there is bits missing, seems to jump straight from Arabella to Cornerstone missing out TBH+C, Do Me a Favour and Teddy Picker, and then also misses out the duet of 505 with Miles Kane which supposedly took place between IBYLGOTD and Star Treatment.

Or is setlist.fm lying to me?

28 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I've watched the arctic monkeys set a couple of times on iPlayer and I think there is bits missing, seems to jump straight from Arabella to Cornerstone missing out TBH+C, Do Me a Favour and Teddy Picker, and then also misses out the duet of 505 with Miles Kane which supposedly took place between IBYLGOTD and Star Treatment.

Or is setlist.fm lying to me?

I think they've chopped around half an hour off it. Did the same with Liam Gallagher. 

They definitely cut out Teddy Picker, but I'm sure they included 505? 

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think they've chopped around half an hour off it. Did the same with Liam Gallagher. 

They definitely cut out Teddy Picker, but I'm sure they included 505? 

Oh yeah you're right, dunno how I managed to watch twice and miss that.

The Darkness are cheesy af but that was an enjoyable set!20180706_163355.thumb.jpg.35649c62573ed74632b386e01788d296.jpg
That's the entire point of The Darkness, isn't it?

They were shit-hot though, and I was fucking buzzing before and after.

Alabama 3 gave a good account of themselves as well, I thought.
Texas were brilliant. What a set!20180706_195538.thumb.jpg.63f4bdb74c8ca70b242b7277f735ebf6.jpg
This is the first time I've been to see Texas live and aye, they were fucking superb.

Away to see if GUN are any good live.

Forgot to say earlier that The Temperance Movement were pretty solid as well. Also went along to the King Tut's stage just before they came on, and I'll probably look out for the Amorettes in future, was quite impressed with them.

Edited by Lordofthewing