TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

Here’s my tuppence worth. I thought The Temperance Movement were excellent. The Darkness were awful (apart from their last sing-a-long song). Alabama 3 were a bit disappointing, didn’t stay for their full set. Texas were brilliant and Queen were fantastic!

Really enjoyable day overall though. Was there with my wife and 13 year old daughter and there was a really good vibe with not a hint of trouble. And no queues at the bars!

All of you must have been really close to the stage. I was about halfway back and thought the volume was really low. Especially for the darkness. Temperance movement were class as always as were queen obviously. Went to king tuts at midnight for TM and they blew me away as usual.

I don't buy that. Other festivals with the same headliners don't have the same problem. I think it being a city centre festival has them keeping volume down for much of it.

Shows at Hyde Park have the same issues. It's a TRNSMT.

It wasn't just the bands down the bill that I could barely hear. Temperance Movement were loud enough to me but I really struggled to hear some of Queen as well as The Darkness. I never heard of word of Brian Mays solo song. I did think it might be a location thing.

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I think it being a city centre festival has them keeping volume down for much of it.

This. 

It's annoying, but has been an issue since TRNSMT started. S'pose it hides Fray's atrocious voice...

I don't buy that. Other festivals with the same headliners don't have the same problem. I think it being a city centre festival has them keeping volume down for much of it.
Shows at Hyde Park have the same issues. It's a TRNSMT.

No idea, not there, just know it’s been known to happen and is pretty common.

I thought Chvrches were fine. Not really my thing but the frontwoman is a great singer. I couldn't believe she's 30; she looks around half that. Their patter was pretty shite though :lol: 

Don't think it's been mentioned on here, but that "Golden Circle" thing is a disgrace. 

Edited by accies1874

I knew Dave Keuning wasn't touring (although technically still their official guitarist) but what's the deal with Mark Stoermer? Bass guitar duties passed wholesale to a session musician while he potters around in the background often not playing a note. Is it a confidence issue?