TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

What's the deal with this Ezra guy headlining so many festivals, he's quite clearly heavy pish!

All about shifting tickets. Him with Snow Patrol as special guests would sell a shittonne.

But I agree about Trnsmt and SS. Surely if Trnsmt is the big festival they would getting those three acts to headline. Would be the best set of headliners in the world going by every other festival’s line-up!

4 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

I agree with that. The only problem, albeit minor, being Catfish played the Summer Sessions last year (?) with a big supporting bill behind them and George Ezra (with what I can see) will have played Glasgow twice in less than a year before TRNSMT.  I can see why DF have put those two on a festival billing in that respect, but overall your point is bang on.

This seems to be their MO though. Kendrick Lamar played the Hydro and 24 hours later was announced at the Summer Sessions. I was at Eminem the year before and it was absolutely mobbed whereas Kendrick was fairly empty tbh.

I do agree that having something like The Cure on at TRNSMT would make more sense. Similar to how previous years had Radiohead and Queen. It kind of prevents it being an utter bam festival for 3 days solid.

The Kendrick one was pretty funny. There was a competition where 3 pairs of tickets were up for grabs for it. And it turned out everyone who tried for them got them. :lol: They really struggled.

Catfish and the Bottlemen did really well at their Summer Sessions for sales I think.

Announcing an act not long after their own show doesn't usually matter for what it's worth. Most festivals do it.

Catfish, Gerry Cinnamon, Ian Brown, Dicky Ashcroft would sell a megatonne of tickets tbf.

I just don't see how the organisers can claim it to be an indie/rock/alternative festival and proceed to book Stormzy as a headliner. Really can't see it happening.