Work colleagues

1 hour ago, nsr said:

The guy who sits opposite me fails to respond to my vaguely friendly morning greetings, every single day without fail. How hard would it be for him to mumble a reply? I'd even accept a vague grunt of acknowledgement now and again.

I am seething as I type this,  tears and snotters dripping from my face.

Stop saying good morning to him

1 hour ago, nsr said:

The guy who sits opposite me fails to respond to my vaguely friendly morning greetings, every single day without fail. How hard would it be for him to mumble a reply? I'd even accept a vague grunt of acknowledgement now and again.

I am seething as I type this,  tears and snotters dripping from my face.

Boy sat next to me in my office does that too.  Sometimes I get an 'urrrhh' from him.  No more than that.  Maybe once a fortnight.

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

That'd make me as bad as him.

Get more and more flamboyant to see if it makes a difference.

Day 1 - "morning"

Day 2 - "Good morning"

Day 3 - "GOOD MORNING"

Etc

Then when you get to day 10 -

Good Morning GIF - GoodMorning GIFs

Bound to get a reaction.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Boy sat next to me in my office does that too.  Sometimes I get an 'urrrhh' from him.  No more than that.  Maybe once a fortnight.

Bring your step son in with you one day. That'll get a reaction...

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

On the subject of this one particular colleague, he also has his phone set to ridiculous vibrate strength. I can feel it through my own desk whenever the thing goes off.

See the source image

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lunch space invaders
Hiya pal awrite pal how's it going what you got for lunch having a good day
Look mate this is the highlight of my day 30 mins of chill out time to myself when I can relax. Take your workchat and gytf

On this topic, and I've mentioned it before, but folk who sit and eat their lunch at their desk.

How can folk do that?! It's so..constricting. I enjoy getting out of the office. I usually fire down to the canteen and read my book, or sometimes fire outside for a wee walk in the nice wee woods area at the bottom of the hospital. Occasionally I do both. 

Couldn't stand just sitting in the same place having lunch. If I wanted to watch something online (which is what the folk in my office who have lunch at their desk do) I'd just use my phone in the canteen (with earphones obviously!).

On this topic, and I've mentioned it before, but folk who sit and eat their lunch at their desk.
How can folk do that?! It's so..constricting. I enjoy getting out of the office. I usually fire down to the canteen and read my book, or sometimes fire outside for a wee walk in the nice wee woods area at the bottom of the hospital. Occasionally I do both. 
Couldn't stand just sitting in the same place having lunch. If I wanted to watch something online (which is what the folk in my office who have lunch at their desk do) I'd just use my phone in the canteen (with earphones obviously!).

We get half an hour so it's tricky. I've resorted to wearing headphones sometimes. I'm not getting paid for this so work chat can get in the sea.

The mature thing to do here if someone ignores you is to simply play out the conversation yourself, loudly.

Morning mate

AYE MORNING HOW ARE YOU?

FINE MATE THANKS, SEE THE FOOTBALL LASTNIGHT?

And so forth, until he is so shamed and annoyed that he concedes an acknowledgement. Making you, very clearly, a winner.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Needs more wee IMO.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

How can folk do that?! It's so..constricting. I enjoy getting out of the office. I usually fire down to the canteen and read my book, or sometimes fire outside for a wee walk in the nice wee woods area at the bottom of the hospital.

Flasher.JPG

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The mature thing to do here if someone ignores you is to simply play out the conversation yourself, loudly.

Morning mate

AYE MORNING HOW ARE YOU?

FINE MATE THANKS, SEE THE FOOTBALL LASTNIGHT?

And so forth, until he is so shamed and annoyed that he concedes an acknowledgement. Making you, very clearly, a winner.

Image result for ludicrous display

Just been asked by a colleague - "how do you put paper in the photocopier?" Honestly how long can you work somewhere and not know the basics of how things work in an office?

After being told how to do so and where they could get the packs of paper they then went away and came back a couple of minutes later with a ream and proceeded to try and load some A3 into the copier, despite the fact we never print A3 for some reason we have packs of A3 in the stationary cupboard, so if any of you receive an oversized letter from ScotGov over the next few days you now know why.

...and now it turns out that they came back, the 2nd time, with a pack of "card" and put that in the copier. Not sure what the technical term is but I call it card, its very thick paper.

Someone has now printed 20 odd pages of letters on "card" and is raging. However third time lucky it appears that we finally have the correct paper and paper size.

Edited by Jason King