Work colleagues

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Got an email from the admin team asking me to do a fucking laborious task today. The reason being that a colleague who was supposed to do it, hasn't bothered her arse and the deadline has passed. This email was sent to both of us, with an email trail attached showing that she was asked to do this thing a month ago. 

I replied to the admin person alone stating that this happens a lot - me ending up doing jobs that this person was supposed to do. There have been half a dozen such things in the last month. 

The admin guy replied saying "thanks"...and copied her in. 

Expecting flak. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

A wiser man than me once told me never write anything in an email about anyone that you wouldn't be comfortable with them reading. You never know who copies people in or forwards emails on.

It’s about time HR got copies. Evil, nasty b*****ds that they are, there are some things they are useful for. That or time for a discussion with the Admin Admin. People so stupid as to copy that response to the failing party are either actively conspiring with them or just too dumb to be in their current position.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I feel like I might need to grass my direct colleague in to my boss very soon.

I've worked with him for 2 and a half years and he's a fat, lazy c**t.  He's rude to other members of staff intentionally so that they avoid him and come to me for help, meaning I have more work to do while he can sit at home doing f**k all, fingering his arse.

He's worked here longer than me but we're on the same paygrade (which he's at the top of so gets 2 grand a year more than me) but it's public sector so he knows the chances of him getting sacked for his performance is virtually zero.

He also strolls in (when we're both in the office) whenever he wants and always leaves early.  Just a total gimp of a man.

Edit - I should add, our boss is physically 200 miles away so has no sight of this.

xCefg4lxbd6r6RVbCWDVGxcz9Ss=.gif

Yep, I normally stick to that but was just pissed off. 

The prof has broken your temperament, like a previously placid dog who was teased too many times by the local weans.

You'll be "working to rule" in no time and gossiping with the middle aged women in your office about the younger folk.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I feel like I might need to grass my direct colleague in to my boss very soon.

I've worked with him for 2 and a half years and he's a fat, lazy c**t.  He's rude to other members of staff intentionally so that they avoid him and come to me for help, meaning I have more work to do while he can sit at home doing f**k all, fingering his arse.

He's worked here longer than me but we're on the same paygrade (which he's at the top of so gets 2 grand a year more than me) but it's public sector so he knows the chances of him getting sacked for his performance is virtually zero.

He also strolls in (when we're both in the office) whenever he wants and always leaves early.  Just a total gimp of a man.

You must be my work colleague. Stop wasting time on P&B and get back to doing my work. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

The prof has broken your temperament, like a previously placid dog who was teased too many times by the local weans.

You'll be "working to rule" in no time and gossiping with the middle aged women in your office about the younger folk.

Not the Prof this time. He's away to his time share for a fortnight. 

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

A wiser man than me once told me never write anything in an email about anyone that you wouldn't be comfortable with them reading. You never know who copies people in or forwards emails on.

"You cannot unring a bell."

7 hours ago, Rugster said:

Aren't you the guy that thought you were emailing your friend at work but instead emailed the person you were slagging off? 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Aren't you the guy that thought you were emailing your friend at work but instead emailed the person you were slagging off? 

I certainly am 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Parking spaces at work:  very serious business.  Someone was in early today and parked in a different space (the one closest to the door obviously) and it has been the topic of conversation the entire day. 

Also every time a lorry passed the office. “Oh was that a rumble of thunder?“

Back from his holiday, a colleague of mine has written a complaint to the School management complaining about his excessive workload and demanding a meeting to discuss this urgent issue. This colleague has the lowest workload in the team. 

Honestly, the first thing he did when he got back. 

You all know who it is. 

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Back from his holiday, a colleague of mine has written a complaint to the School management complaining about his excessive workload and demanding a meeting to discuss this urgent issue. This colleague has the lowest workload in the team. 

You all know who it is. 

Yaaaaaaaaaas GIRUY

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

You all know who it is. 

He's promptly actioning the business critical work. Sounds like he's an exemplar employee.

You all know who it is. 

These two things are not unrelated.

17 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

Parking spaces at work:  very serious business.  Someone was in early today and parked in a different space (the one closest to the door obviously) and it has been the topic of conversation the entire day. 

Also every time a lorry passed the office. “Oh was that a rumble of thunder?“

Years ago worked in a place that had parking along the front of the office, the prime spots as you could walk out the front door, jump in the car and off you f**k. They made a section of them visitors spaces, but no lines, I'd changed my car and never informed reception of this so often parked over half the car in non visitor space and a section of the car deemed to be encroaching the visitors space. What a fucking stir this caused, emails going around, people walking around the office asking who's car it was (obviously the lads I work with are no grasses so found it funny) I'd heard they'd even been checking security cameras but couldn't make out who it was due to the distance. Some days I'd arrive early with a choice to do it or not, I'd do it anyway as I found the whole thing funny and the visitors spaces were hardly ever used. Anyway I left the job and was told by a former colleague it was still considered an open incident for years after this, place was full of oddballs man. 

On 13/06/2023 at 20:32, thistledo said:

Years ago worked in a place that had parking along the front of the office, the prime spots as you could walk out the front door, jump in the car and off you f**k. They made a section of them visitors spaces, but no lines, I'd changed my car and never informed reception of this so often parked over half the car in non visitor space and a section of the car deemed to be encroaching the visitors space. What a fucking stir this caused, emails going around, people walking around the office asking who's car it was (obviously the lads I work with are no grasses so found it funny) I'd heard they'd even been checking security cameras but couldn't make out who it was due to the distance. Some days I'd arrive early with a choice to do it or not, I'd do it anyway as I found the whole thing funny and the visitors spaces were hardly ever used. Anyway I left the job and was told by a former colleague it was still considered an open incident for years after this, place was full of oddballs man. 

A work colleague of mine drove a very flashy motor and was very particular about where he parked. Our office was in the Broomhouse area of Edinburgh and had a fairly small staff car park which filled up quickly. Cars parked in the surrounding streets were quite often vandalised. There was a work compound opposite the office (set up to build the tram line) and he used to park his car there. Managed to get away with it for quite a while before they realised he had nothing to do with the construction project and told him to gtf.

13 hours ago, Swarley said:

A work colleague of mine drove a very flashy motor and was very particular about where he parked. Our office was in the Broomhouse area of Edinburgh and had a fairly small staff car park which filled up quickly. Cars parked in the surrounding streets were quite often vandalised. There was a work compound opposite the office (set up to build the tram line) and he used to park his car there. Managed to get away with it for quite a while before they realised he had nothing to do with the construction project and told him to gtf.

There's nothing quite like a cheeky wee free or good parking when parking circumstances are pish. I used to work in the Glasgow Royal Infirmary and parking was either the APCOA parking nazis, Castle or Cathedral street parking, all required payment. However after a while I discovered this wee bit behind the old building that wasn't controlled by council, APCOA or anyone it seemed, a wee gem I even used for parking my car in the city until they finally put a barrier over it. I get the feeling you weren't meant to park there after some encounters, but there was no enforcement or signage. 

Until then I often parked in the old building car park where it was permit only, got a fine from the APCOA guys and then just keep putting the fine sticker back on the car every day, the perfect crime and they literally never clicked. Various debt companies chased me for years for that fine, eventually rising to around £260 I think. Not as bad as another guy I worked with who just parked wherever he wanted every day and got a fine every day, I remember talking to one of the APCOA parking guys who'd let me off with a fine a few times and so he should I was "moving hospital equipment" in my own car, he'd said about the rogue parking colleague that "he thinks he's so smart, that he'll never have to pay, but we're taking him to court and he has fines totaling nearly £20k" No idea if that ever happened, I doubt he'd be made to pay the full whack though.