Work colleagues

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The public sector in Scotland is absolute swamped with the laziest, thickest, snakiest c***s on the planet.  Success is talked down, failure is rewarded, laziness is ignored and thickness is encouraged.

You basically have to seriously assault someone, kill someone or leak private documents to the press/other agencies to get sacked.

It also appears you can be off sick as much as you like and pretty much nothing gets done about it.

Great, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't like looking out the window in the morning. I'd have nothing to do all afternoon if I did.

This happened to me once.

Fortunately there is another window at the other side of the office, so I picked up a folder, walked over, and consulted the contents of the folder (it was empty) while looking out the other window.

I had to put in some more effort, but I looked extremely busy, so no-one bothered me for the rest of the day

On 03/07/2023 at 18:42, Miguel Sanchez said:

My manager is an idiot, a coward and I remain convinced he's a plant from a competitor trying to get us shut down.

He's getting worse, and is actively not allowing me (indirectly obviously, he's not actually telling me this himself) to fix anything. If he's happy for the place to be a complete shambles, fine. 

Private sector, btw.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The public sector in Scotland is absolute swamped with the laziest, thickest, snakiest c***s on the planet.  Success is talked down, failure is rewarded, laziness is ignored and thickness is encouraged.

You basically have to seriously assault someone, kill someone or leak private documents to the press/other agencies to get sacked.

It also appears you can be off sick as much as you like and pretty much nothing gets done about it.

I can assure you there is strong competition within the U.S. Government sector.