Work colleagues

The place I done my school work experience at had an apprentice , daft as a brush , who would fall for everything, sent for a big weight , tartan paint , new bubble for a spirit level the lot . When I was there the foreman sent him for a tin of scotch mist to take the piss out of him in front of the school kid.  The look on his face when the boy came back happily swinging a bucket with white steam billowing out and a big grin on his face was priceless.  The stores guys had taken pity on him and poured some liquid nitrogen into a bucket for him.  

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

I got sent to the storeroom as an apprentice to ask for an inebriated screw.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

We've all had one of them.  

If you're very lucky the right person will take you there and give you one.

On 11/12/2023 at 16:00, scottsdad said:

Two clangers for me today. 

In one, going through accreditation, a recommendation was made about my course. I disagreed with this a couple of months ago and replied to our internal guy who is collating all this saying something along the lines that this is nonsense and they (the accreditors) don't have any clue what they're talking about. 

The exact working of my email ended up in the official response that went to them today. I didn't see it until after it had been sent in. 

It's all kicking off. Someone, somewhere, has fucked up royally. 

The Prof has spotted that the info sent in about his course is all incorrect. The handbook sent in isn't the one he wrote. In addition, under "course textbook" is listed "None" when in fact the whole course is based on a book he wrote. He's raging. Utterly raging that such a monumental f**k-up happened.  He wants to know who did this. 

So I checked my course and a similar thing happened. Someone made a "handbook" that is 2 pages long, full of spelling mistakes. My actual handbook is 17 pages long. Of my 8 Learning Objectives, only 3 are listed. 

Honestly, we're overrun by fuckwits. 

We've requested that the submission be withdrawn immediately. 

^^^^ Of course, no-one will be taken to task over these incompetent fvckups.  Heads should roll.  From all of the stuff you've posted over the years, your institution / dept. appears to be run by irresponsible fools.

Genuinely surprised that neither you nor His Profness can't identify the individual(s) involved and get something done about this shambles.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^ Of course, no-one will be taken to task over these incompetent fvckups.  Heads should roll.  From all of the stuff you've posted over the years, your institution / dept. appears to be run by irresponsible fools.

Genuinely surprised that neither you nor His Profness can't identify the individual(s) involved and get something done about this shambles.

The Prof has contacted the Principal now. He is raging. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The Prof has spotted that the info sent in about his course is all incorrect. The handbook sent in isn't the one he wrote. In addition, under "course textbook" is listed "None" when in fact the whole course is based on a book he wrote. He's raging. Utterly raging that such a monumental f**k-up happened.  He wants to know who did this. 

So I checked my course and a similar thing happened. Someone made a "handbook" that is 2 pages long, full of spelling mistakes. My actual handbook is 17 pages long. Of my 8 Learning Objectives, only 3 are listed. 

That goes beyond incompetence, surely?

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Admin rule the world, and if it isn’t admin it’ll be some arse-licking wee c**t trying to climb the ladder.

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Apropos of nothing: A while back, my team had to submit CVs for a project which had to be in the work’s own template/style (which was a mess, but that’s a by-the-by). They had a strict deadline and when that one guy didn’t do his, I wrote one for him and it got submitted along with the others.

He was fucking raging but a deadline is a deadline.

As I said, apropos of nothing as I’m sure your stuff was all in on time. :) 

Edited by mathematics

16 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

The place I done my school work experience at had an apprentice , daft as a brush , who would fall for everything, sent for a big weight , tartan paint , new bubble for a spirit level the lot . When I was there the foreman sent him for a tin of scotch mist to take the piss out of him in front of the school kid.  The look on his face when the boy came back happily swinging a bucket with white steam billowing out and a big grin on his face was priceless.  The stores guys had taken pity on him and poured some liquid nitrogen into a bucket for him.  

At my secondary school one of the techy teachers sent one of my classmates for a cup of sparks from the grinder in the metalwork class. The other techy teacher played along and the student came back carefully holding his hand over the cup.  The teacher took the cup which was, surprise surprise, empty and told the kid to retrace his steps to find the lost sparks!  

Overnight update - the principal has called a meeting with some top level folk to discuss this later this morning. Apparently they've had an avalanche of folk getting in touch with pretty much the same thing that we've been saying - that the team who pulled together all the information to submit to the accrediting body have fucked up in a massive way. 

The Prof's angry email is one of many but his is a good example - the accreditors saying there is no textbook associated with his course when he wrote the textbook.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Overnight update - the principal has called a meeting with some top level folk to discuss this later this morning. Apparently they've had an avalanche of folk getting in touch with pretty much the same thing that we've been saying - that the team who pulled together all the information to submit to the accrediting body have fucked up in a massive way. 

The Prof's angry email is one of many but his is a good example - the accreditors saying there is no textbook associated with his course when he wrote the textbook.

This Accreditor, its not this bloke is it? VVVV

22 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

My daughter is working with a guy who's on a three month trial and who is permanently on his phone claiming he's too busy to do what he's told to do. He won't last.

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I think you’ve done the Prof a disservice - he sounds like a diligent and hard working professional. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think you’ve done the Prof a disservice - he sounds like a diligent and hard working professional. 

When it comes to his own course that he created he really is. He just doesn't want to do much outside of that.