Work colleagues

My mate has just found out when you go to reset your password at his work, all the button does is change your browser language to Spanish

This is annoying me as there's so many questions. Why does it do this? Who made it do that? Why hasn't quite an important thing not been fixed?  Did it only happen to him? If it happens to everyone, why is it not the only thing everyone talks about?!

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

My mate has just found out when you go to reset your password at his work, all the button does is change your browser language to Spanish

This is annoying me as there's so many questions. Why does it do this? Who made it do that? Why hasn't quite an important thing not been fixed?  Did it only happen to him? If it happens to everyone, why is it not the only thing everyone talks about?!

No entiendo, senor.

Has he tried switching it off and back on again?

3 hours ago, nsr said:

We spend our time trying to get mindless and unhelpful objects to fulfil certain tasks. Asking us to interact with human beings at the same time basically doubles our workload. 

Reminds me of one time when after I'd spent a long while explaining something to one of our more obdurate colleagues, my boss compared the conversation to a cat trying to teach a dog the best way to climb trees.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Utter snake talk from Tesco in their statement regarding the job losses. How stupid do they think folk are?

"We’re making changes to our UK stores and head office to simplify what we do and how we do it, so we’re better able to meet the needs of our customers. This will impact some of our colleagues and our commitment is to minimise this as much as possible and support our colleagues throughout.”

Code; we aren't making enough profit to satisfy our greedy b*****d selves

The bolded part just boils my piss. As if they're doing it for some altruistic reason and not just to line their own pockets.

When I was laid off, my old company put out a statement to the clients that was in the same spirit. Fortunately, more than a few of their clients called them on it and are leaving for the competitors as their contracts expire. Friends at the old company tell me that "poor service levels" is one of the most quoted reasons for them leaving. Especially infuriating because good service was something my old company used to be known for.

Edited by Shotgun

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

The bolded part just boils my piss. As if they're doing it for some altruistic reason and not just to line their own pockets.

When I was laid off, my old company put out a statement to the clients that was in the same spirit. Fortunately, more than a few of their clients called them on it and are leaving for the competitors as their contracts expire. Friends at the old company tell me that "poor service levels" is one of the most quoted reasons for them leaving. Especially infuriating because good service was something my old company used to be known for.

Not remotely as serious, but when the BBC ripped all the stats out of their results and scores page, ie. each team's last 5 results and the like, they sold it as enhancing the customer experience through streamlining the offer.  

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not remotely as serious, but when the BBC ripped all the stats out of their results and scores page, ie. each team's last 5 results and the like, they sold it as enhancing the customer experience through streamlining the offer.  

When university of Strathclyde moved from 10 credit modules to 20, the beaks said it would provide greater flexibility. Jaw-droppingly stupid decision and achieved the complete opposite.

6 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Colleague in my new role is called Jennifer.

I can't read an email from her or see her contribution to a Skype chat without the words "hello Jen" going through my head in a Moss voice.

You broke the ruddy internet jen!

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Remember when the national lottery doubled the price and slashed the winning chances by increasing the size of the draw and some whizz at their spin department said they were offering customers more choice of numbers :rolleyes:

Did they actually spin it that way? If so give that marketing department a medal! Anyone who bought the lottery tickets should have boycotted for probably 2 weeks and mysteriously they would have found the odds back to normal, that is to say highly unlikely rather than verging on impossible.

Remember when the national lottery doubled the price and slashed the winning chances by increasing the size of the draw and some whizz at their spin department said they were offering customers more choice of numbers :rolleyes:

But what they forgot to say was that your chance of winning the jackpot had gone from 1 in 14,000,000 to 1 in 44,000,000.
(According to a maths wonk in former workplace. )

Did they actually spin it that way? If so give that marketing department a medal! Anyone who bought the lottery tickets should have boycotted for probably 2 weeks and mysteriously they would have found the odds back to normal, that is to say highly unlikely rather than verging on impossible.
Aye, I clocked it straight away, marketing gold! "Now you have a bigger choice of numbers to choose from than ever!!!" Morons everywhere saying wow that's great!

Like the morons who always choose 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 and say it has as much chance of winning as any other combination. Which it does, but how many others have picked that who you'll have to share the jackpot with?

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Like the morons who always choose 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 and say it has as much chance of winning as any other combination. Which it does, but how many others have picked that who you'll have to share the jackpot with?

Likewise, the more numbers you choose that are 31 or below - the more people you'll probably have to share your prize with - since so many people use birth dates for their numbers. 

I should sell advice like this.