Work colleagues

50 minutes ago, philpy said:

That'll never happen. Some of the big building sites are open again, and people are buying shitloads of decking and fencing stuff. Money talks... 

It's not upto you to make sure they are supplied. If the company opens its books and accepts higher volume of orders, it needs to also either take people on to cope with demand or allow extra work (overtime) to be done. 

People need to stop knocking their pan in to the detriment of their health just so their slave drivers satisfy the order book. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That's a depressing youtube channel.

You're responsible for it, aren't you?

First match for ‘solvite commercial’.

My own YouTube channel is worse!

Think theres more of a "tough love" vibe to it tbh. I have said my piece to him in maybe a forceful way before but theres no denying that it's a bit frustrating (from a position of wanting to help) to see him posting the same thing time after time.

I know that sounds a bit condescending but its said from a place of genuinely hoping he takes the advice offered here and gets to a better place work wise.
Dont disagree with any of that and I appreciate any help or advice.
Please be aware though that the gaslighting and selective amnesia has been the worst thing about the whole experience so if anyone tries to pin all the blame onto me I will bite every single time trying to clear my name and will go into a huge rant trying to explain it all.
When people talk about bullying I kind of wish it was overt and out in the open. For me it wasnt like that it was threats at the same time as praising you or overloading you with work while others did nothing and lying or setting you up with higher ups as the bad guy while supporting workers who were bad because they backed him up.
The only thing I can take that's positive is being fully aware of office politics and bullying/mobbing tactics.
I do need to change and should have done it years ago. Dont blame anyone for getting frustrated reading it, maybe some can take away something from it and dont do what I did.
If you see the signs leave, all the bullying advice online is the same.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's not upto you to make sure they are supplied. If the company opens its books and accepts higher volume of orders, it needs to also either take people on to cope with demand or allow extra work (overtime) to be done. 

People need to stop knocking their pan in to the detriment of their health just so their slave drivers satisfy the order book. 

Absolutely 100% correct. A + b = c. If they need D, they need to provide more resource, be it time, or people. 

8 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I left my work after 14 years at same company. Got rid of team leaders so thought f**k this I'm outta here.

Went to a different company ( BT) and it was brutal. Ended up back at same company I first started at. Difference being this time I can go in and do my job and not think to much about it.

Bigger picture is I'm glad I went to BT for the experience and basically to see my work wasnt all that bad.

Still surrounded by idiots 

That's working with the public defined.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

@D.A.F.C - was it yourself who had the horror stories about bullying culture at Asda?

I remember it because I briefly worked with a guy who talked constantly about his horrible experiences with them, and it occurred to me at the time that it might actually be you.

Don't be silly.   He works for the Royal Navy.  He is the Munitions Officer at Rosyth Dockyard.  Always complaining about his work and saying he is going to do something about it.

I doubt it.  Don't expect any fireworks from him. ☺

Don't be silly.   He works for the Royal Navy.  He is the Munitions Officer at Rosyth Dockyard.  Always complaining about his work and saying he is going to do something about it.
I doubt it.  Don't expect any fireworks from him. [emoji5]
You got me, this is me getting bullied at work.

On a similar note;

Years ago, in the dark days of RN pre-teaching, I worked for a well know power tool , fixings and nail gun manufacturer in sales.

Promotion of sorts comes up, I’m qualified, I ask my sales manager and he says to go for it.

Interviewed then heard nothing.

Called interviewer who tells me I was a great candidate but “your sales manager said no”

Asked said sales manager who admitted it, resigned on the spot ( had resignation letter in my pocket)

Did not have another job to go to at that point so it was risky (mortgage, bills etc.) but f**k being treated like that!

18 hours ago, Northboy said:

At his retirement presentation he said 50% of his job had been trying to convince the employees he was on their side and the other 50% had been trying to convince the management he was on their side.

Not the worst approach to take

18 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Not been in a dispute situation , then  you see true colours , don’t ever kid yourself you are any more than a replaceable number , they don’t care if it’s you or some other roaster doing the job 

HR is a primary function of the business to protect the business , it’s fine when what you want and what they want coincide all nicely nicely , when at cross purposes it’s all about protecting the company 

Nobody disputes that we're all just a number - it's a relationship governed by a contract so what else would you expect?

Yep, to protect business and it cannot do so if it's not at the same time looking after the employees.  It's mostly all about compromise and looking for win-wins.  

Sometimes it can be difficult in a small company when HR are pals with senior managers.
All procedures and proper process out the window and they prepare for weeks and then ambush you without warning.
It goes on sometimes, not to me but some of the stories online are mental.

Always be very suspicious of managers who hang about with hr all the time. Why would they be doing that?

42 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sometimes it can be difficult in a small company when HR are pals with senior managers.
All procedures and proper process out the window and they prepare for weeks and then ambush you without warning.

Always be very suspicious of managers who hang about with hr all the time. Why would they be doing that?

To give you something else to be paranoid about?

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Ain't no party like an HR party.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 14:21, Jacksgranda said:

Always be very suspicious of managers who hang about with hr all the time.

In the various places I've worked I've rarely had the impression that HR and management are particularly matey. I think a lot of managers view HR as a necessary evil and obstacle to their plans. Even the most company orientated HR person will surely have had to point out the 'inconveniences' of employment law to management at some time.

2 minutes ago, Northboy said:

In the various places I've worked I've rarely had the impression that HR and management are particularly matey. I think a lot of managers view HR as a necessary evil and obstacle to their plans. Even the most company orientated HR person will surely have had to point out the 'inconveniences' of employment law to management at some time.

"Always be very suspicious of managers who hang about with hr all the time." That wasn't me who posted that.