Work colleagues

4 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Discussing sales targets while a dozen colleagues witness the doctor checking your prostate could be a tad embarrassing, but if it's that or unemployment, what ya gonna do...? 

You can be employed in being filmed while someone's checking your prostate.

5 hours ago, BTFD said:

A moment of thought for our American colleagues, where it seems to be a total crapshoot regarding whether your employer will accept any excuse at all for dingying work, especially at the lower-paid end of the spectrum. You don't have to search hard to find people who've been given the bullet for serious illness, attending a parent's funeral, or refusing to work with coronavirus.

Joining Teams calls from the hospital seems the least of it over there.

There is an upside to the “at will” stupidity, and not just the two way portion of it. It results in innumerable lawsuits for improper firing (enriching lawyers, and employing arbitrators and judges) based upon failure to comply with a company HR manual. The standard of training for managers in general, let alone at many service locations, is such that they are quite likely to violate some rule or regulation in firing people on a semi-regular basis.

The most terrifying thing to a young/inexperienced manager at a job is a veteran employee that knows “the book”. Half the time the employee is wrong, but the manager doesn’t know that either.

The number of lawyers specializing in employment law is mind-blowing, and the number of people who effectively get a month or two off, and then back to work with backpay once a lawyer contracts the employers HR department, is crazy. The more complex cases take years and often result in backpay and severance settlements as the employee doesn’t want to leave their new job.

I have nothing to do tomorrow at all. Off work for holiday. Was out with the kids today and again later this week but nothing scheduled tomorrow . Supposed to be pissing rain. 

Really at a loose end. Not normal for me. 

Any suggestions welcome. 

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I have nothing to do tomorrow at all. Off work for holiday. Was out with the kids today and again later this week but nothing scheduled tomorrow . Supposed to be pissing rain. 

Any suggestions welcome. 

f**k sake. Posted that in the wrong thread. 

Plug into work and be a drone................

Bugger that if raining watch kids movies and smile for your time, if nice a walk is free and easy.

Any suggestions welcome. 

Sounds the perfect time to do some reading up on how to lead a Maternity group.

New guy at work hasn't got a clue. 2 months into the job and he has learned fuckall. Does the complete opposite of what you tell him, and If he does something wrong,  it's never his fault. I'm sure he thinks sheffield Wednesday is a Bank Holiday.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds the perfect time to do some reading up on how to lead a Maternity group.

Or perhaps get busy recruiting for the maternity group? l thought the wife was off on her latest trip…

Pathetic c***s who can’t do simple tasks that you could drag someone off the street to do yet when their fuckups are brought to management nothing gets done about it.   

How do any of these keep their positions?    

Edited by parsforlife

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Pathetic c***s who can’t do simple tasks that you could drag someone off the street to do yet when their fuckups are brought to management nothing gets done about it.   

Keddie syndrome

On 10/07/2023 at 16:00, TxRover said:

There is an upside to the “at will” stupidity, and not just the two way portion of it. It results in innumerable lawsuits for improper firing (enriching lawyers, and employing arbitrators and judges) based upon failure to comply with a company HR manual. The standard of training for managers in general, let alone at many service locations, is such that they are quite likely to violate some rule or regulation in firing people on a semi-regular basis.

The most terrifying thing to a young/inexperienced manager at a job is a veteran employee that knows “the book”. Half the time the employee is wrong, but the manager doesn’t know that either.

The number of lawyers specializing in employment law is mind-blowing, and the number of people who effectively get a month or two off, and then back to work with backpay once a lawyer contracts the employers HR department, is crazy. The more complex cases take years and often result in backpay and severance settlements as the employee doesn’t want to leave their new job.

I thought that in America, if you get the sack, you went back and shot everybody.

On 10/07/2023 at 15:28, coprolite said:

I also have a separate work phone and second all of the above.

Also, when I’m out and about I like to put them both on the table and act like I’m either dealing drugs or having an affair.

I always say that anyone with two phones is one of - drug dealer, pimp or adulterer.

19 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Don't worry he/she will probably he promoted in the near future, that's how it usually works.

On 12/07/2023 at 17:14, parsforlife said:

Public sector?  You've just described it to a tee.

The public sector in Scotland is absolute swamped with the laziest, thickest, snakiest cunts on the planet.  Success is talked down, failure is rewarded, laziness is ignored and thickness is encouraged.

You basically have to seriously assault someone, kill someone or leak private documents to the press/other agencies to get sacked.

It also appears you can be off sick as much as you like and pretty much nothing gets done about it.