Work colleagues

Chartered Accountants are very good at accounting and tax but have absolutely no common sense.

Someone  in our other office 50 miles away has covid and one of my colleagues thinks we should all do a covid test “just in case”.  None of us have ever met the person with covid never mind been close to them.

Also apparently covid is still a thing.

On 26/08/2023 at 18:02, Sergeant Wilson said:

Mark McManus was in it too. He used to regale us with stories when he was in The Station Bar, during breaks from Taggart.

He claimed all the kangaroos that played Skippy were dead and worked like puppets on wires. They burned the corpses when they were beyond use.

'Facts You Made Up' thread for this pish.

28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

'Facts You Made Up' thread for this pish.

Facts Mark McManus made up. It used to be great in the Station. You had the rock stars, Justin Currie, James Grant and Keven McDermott at one table. The cast of Taggart at the next, then the Take the High Road crowd at another. Loads of others, before they were famous from the "Kids from Fame" school up the road.

3 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

Chartered Accountants are very good at accounting and tax but have absolutely no common sense.

Someone  in our other office 50 miles away has covid and one of my colleagues thinks we should all do a covid test “just in case”.  None of us have ever met the person with covid never mind been close to them.

Also apparently covid is still a thing.

Chartered accountants are not very good at tax. They're enthusiastic amateurs at best. Like taking a stealth bomber to kwik fit. 

27 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Chartered accountants are not very good at tax. They're enthusiastic amateurs at best. Like taking a stealth bomber to kwik fit. 

If you took a stealth bomber to Kwik Fit they’d try to convince you that you need new brakes all round and a complete exhaust system.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

If you took a stealth bomber to Kwik Fit they’d try to convince you that you need new brakes all round and a complete exhaust system.

It might  last another couple of months if you're lucky. If you want to take the chance it's up to you

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It might  last another couple of months if you're lucky. If you want to take the chance it's up to you

Prighozin should have taken his jet to Kwik Fit then- that definitely was an unfortunate accident that could have been easily avoided and not anything to do with Putin, V. 

On 26/08/2023 at 11:02, Sergeant Wilson said:

Mark McManus was in it too. He used to regale us with stories when he was in The Station Bar, during breaks from Taggart.

He claimed all the kangaroos that played Skippy were dead and worked like puppets on wires. They burned the corpses when they were beyond use.

The way I heard it, McManus got into a pick-up truck to be driven to the filming location. There was a sack in the back which was moving about and when he asked about it he was told, "Oh, that's the star of the show!"

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

The way I heard it, McManus got into a pick-up truck to be driven to the filming location. There was a sack in the back which was moving about and when he asked about it he was told, "Oh, that's the star of the show!"

His stories varied wildly depending on his whisky intake.

• 3 weeks later...

Do hybrid working so all have laptops that plug into docking station at desk at home or desk in office.

When I plug into the docking station I also plug the laptop into power at the same time, seems logical.

Every day the same folk about 10.30 / 11.00 that start jumping around as their laptop is suddenly at 12% power and they need to plug it in.

Just do it when you setup. 

58 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Do hybrid working so all have laptops that plug into docking station at desk at home or desk in office.

When I plug into the docking station I also plug the laptop into power at the same time, seems logical.

Every day the same folk about 10.30 / 11.00 that start jumping around as their laptop is suddenly at 12% power and they need to plug it in.

Just do it when you setup. 

Does it make any difference?  

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Does it make any difference?  

Don't need the noise and hassle of the same idiots jumping about desks looking for a charger in their bag like this has never happened before and making a fuss and nuisance, easily avoidable fuss and distraction by clueless

5 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Don't need the noise and hassle of the same idiots jumping about desks looking for a charger in their bag like this has never happened before and making a fuss and nuisance, easily avoidable fuss and distraction by clueless

Why do they need a charger with a docking station? 

Just now, MEADOWXI said:

Docking station only links laptop to network for internet and work systems, 

Power is separate.

I thought docking stations also provided power - I'm 99% sure the one I used 20 years ago did but it's been a while (20 years in fact). 

15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I thought docking stations also provided power - I'm 99% sure the one I used 20 years ago did but it's been a while (20 years in fact). 

Not this system,

Looking at two cables in side of laptop just now, a power cable from socket to power inlet and a cable from docking station to laptop.

2 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Not this system,

Looking at two cables in side of laptop just now, a power cable from socket to power inlet and a cable from docking station to laptop.

Fair enough...the real problem then isn't your colleagues but cheapskate IT department who bought underspec docking stations! 

3 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Not this system,

Mine has the sole cable charges the laptop as well as transmits the data for the screens to the dock. 

Hp elitebook and hp dock - usb c cable only