Work colleagues

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye. As I said I was stupidly expecting some sort of compassion and understanding from them. 
I emailed them in the evening telling them I was not happy with how it was handled and the lack of support I was getting. I recieved a phone call the next morning at half 9. 
"Wasn't meant like that, take yer time" etc etc. I'm on compassionate leave until Friday and like folk have suggested, I'll be speaking to the doctors on Monday.
I realise I've been a gullible fool thinking otherwise but it made me realise yer nuhin to these companies but a fucking number. If I died the mora I'd be forgotten next week and replaced in a fortnight. 

How many weeks to the end of the Euros?

Thats shite from them mate, our work is two weeks but ive never seen them force someone back if the person says they can't, we encourage them to get a sick line after the two weeks if they need it, instead of making them spite the work and take longer than needed 

Workplaces shafting their people just get bitten on the arse

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I told my boss I would only communicate using Tom Petty song titles.

"That's unacceptable" he said.

"I won't back down," I replied.

"It's the end of the line for you" he said. 

SD: "Yer so bad"
Boss: "Time to move on"
SD: *Free Fallin'*
SD: "Crawlin' back to you"
SD: *American Dream Plan B*

(I don't think I've heard any of these songs, but it's impressive how you can build a whole story. Don't think it'd work with Napalm Death)

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

SD: "Yer so bad"
Boss: "Time to move on"
SD: *Free Fallin'*
SD: "Crawlin' back to you"
SD: *American Dream Plan B*

(I don't think I've heard any of these songs, but it's impressive how you can build a whole story. Don't think it'd work with Napalm Death)

You say that, but as a staffer for the Conservative Party I find 'Amoral', '(The Public Get) What the Public Doesn't Want', 'Contemptous' and, obvs, 'Scum' do the job pretty well.

(I'm not really a staffer for the Conservative Party)