The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

So, on average, a baw hair over 0%. Hopefully you do a wee bit better than that.

Need I ask if the Coatbridge Shamrock stuff has died an inglorious death?

We've no chance of going back up for the foreseeable future. I quite like the look of the South Challenge Cup though; doing well in that might be our best chance of success in the coming years; cue us getting fcuked out by Newburgh next month.

Coatbridge Shamrock hasn't had the death it deserves yet, but it's hard to see how it could succeed given our ownership structure. People with good intentions aren't able to purchase control, which means the same should hold true for fantasists.

Edited by Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Coatbridge Shamrock was only 'alive' to the extent that a fantasist pushed the idea and it was picked up by a gullible media. Subsequent attempts to breath life into it have fallen flat. Further deranged statements from the fantasist can’t be ruled out, but  there’s no chance of him succeeding.

On 13/07/2023 at 14:12, Scott-Replay said:

Clyde have signed Josh McCulloch from Hibs. Hard to find anything online about him but I did see he was on loan at you for a spell last year. Any clues on what we can expect?

Nope, he had a handful of sub apperances though didn't do anything wrong,

He could only train with the team for 45 mins on a Tuesday and couldn't attend Thursday training, so sandy Clark hardly seen him so didn't want to play him ahead of guys who were there every week

Brian Reid had signed him without ever seeing him play, or know who he was,

Might be a star, for the moment we couldn't tell you

22 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

We've no chance of going back up for the foreseeable future. I quite like the look of the South Challenge Cup though; doing well in that might be our best chance of success in the coming years; cue us getting fcuked out by Newburgh next month.

Coatbridge Shamrock hasn't had the death it deserves yet, but it's hard to see how it could succeed given our ownership structure. People with good intentions aren't able to purchase control, which means the same should hold true for fantasists.

If I supported Rovers I'd have adjusted by now and be looking forward to it. Would be better if there was a few more the West teams had made it up. If Rovers maintain the home support they'll get a few more visiting from the bigger LL teams than they might have got in L2.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

34 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If I supported Rovers I'd have adjusted by now and be looking forward to it. 

To be fair, I think most of us do think like that. We deserved to go down, and we're unlikely to be back anytime soon, so might as well get some good days out from it. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Are you suggesting that Rovers have a better team than last season, or acknowledging that there is little difference in the standard between L2 and the LL?

Annan are a League One side this season. 

We played really well and managed to control the game, 

We had 24 shots on goal with the annan goal being totally against the run of play

Alex McCaw had a fantastic game and managed to turn the Annan left back inside out so many times he was subbed after just 17 minutes, he proceeded to throw a tantrum and stay out the changing room with the subs at half time, we gave him that many pelters his team mates were laughing and he went and got his tracksuit on and sat in the dugout himself

27 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

We played really well and managed to control the game, 

We had 24 shots on goal with the annan goal being totally against the run of play

Alex McCaw had a fantastic game and managed to turn the Annan left back inside out so many times he was subbed after just 17 minutes, he proceeded to throw a tantrum and stay out the changing room with the subs at half time, we gave him that many pelters his team mates were laughing and he went and got his tracksuit on and sat in the dugout himself

24 shots, good lord. 😲