Acid attacks

If justified I see no problem with throbber quote

I was obviously over reacting a bit but I had just sent the footage of him casually not giving a f**k about what he had just done. Acid attacks are just so disgusting. I can actually partially understand why people kill other people whether it be in the name of terror or if it’s somebody who has wronged them but an attempt to horrifically disfigure someone/cause them blindness just seems like an entirely new level of evil. Doing it to a random group of strangers as well is even more concerning.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was obviously over reacting a bit but I had just sent the footage of him casually not giving a f**k about what he had just done. Acid attacks are just so disgusting. I can actually partially understand why people kill other people whether it be in the name of terror or if it’s somebody who has wronged them but an attempt to horrifically disfigure someone/cause them blindness just seems like an entirely new level of evil. Doing it to a random group of strangers as well is even more concerning.

Agreed. But I do genuinely agree with your reaction

Agreed. But I do genuinely agree with your reaction

It’s not really down for me to decide what punishment fits and I would have no interest in doing this myself, but once you have attempted to horrifically disfigure strangers who are enjoying a night out then there is no going back, he is just pure evil.

Just now, throbber said:

It’s not really down for me to decide what punishment fits and I would have no interest in doing this myself, but once you have attempted to horrifically disfigure strangers who are enjoying a night out then there is no going back, he is just pure evil.

He strikes me as a bully, the type that would instantly back down from a guy. 

On the subject- acid attacks are a real problem now, harsh sentences needed and a restriction on purchase

He strikes me as a bully, the type that would instantly back down from a guy. 
On the subject- acid attacks are a real problem now, harsh sentences needed and a restriction on purchase

He obviously at times could come across as a fairly decent/normal guy considering his ex is (on the face of it) a decent human being.

Agree that the punishment should be as severe as possible, he’s getting done for 5 counts of GBH and 9 of ABH so hopefully each count gets him punished as heavily as possible.

54 minutes ago, throbber said:

He obviously at times could come across as a fairly decent/normal guy considering his ex is (on the face of it) a decent human being.

Agree that the punishment should be as severe as possible, he’s getting done for 5 counts of GBH and 9 of ABH so hopefully each count gets him punished as heavily as possible.

Initial hearings saw evidence put forward that Arthur Collins was involved in organised criminal activity and that there had been previous incidents involving him.  When the police raided his house they found several weapons and a fully functioning cannabis farm.  Three of the men who were apparently the target of the attack refused to co-operate with the police.

I don't think he's a 'normal' guy.  I'd imagine he'll get a stiff, stiff sentence.

I didn’t claim he was a normal guy I said he would have appeared to have been a normal guy based on the company he kept.

He is told to expect a substantial sentence, I am hoping for about 30 years but it will probably be half that and he’ll be out in his 30’s.

• 1 month later...

Arthur Collins is being sentenced today.  The court has been told he kept up a lease on a Mercedes Jeep, despite being disqualified from driving and owing credit card companies £7000.  

His defence team have produced a file of photographs from the acid attack victims social media, showing them wearing swimsuits etc following the attack.  This is to prove that the victims have returned to normality "to some extent".

Collins was given a police caution for phoning his ex-girlfriends mother and threatening to throw acid in her face and rape her.  He also claimed that he was improverished with an income of £7000, although this did not match with his lifestyle (Mercedes, paying for hair transplants, regular exotic holidays).  The court has heard that the conflict that lead to the acid attack was related to "gang violence" and that Collins was "not a person of good character".

Some photos of the injuries on this link, pretty horrific

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/19/victims-confront-ferne-mccanns-ex-arthur-collins-acid-attack-7170352/

This is definitely a case of a harsh sentence being very much in the public interest. Throwing acid into a crowd is the act of a coward and someone who is just a plain cant. 

The fact is it' very hard to police people doing this kind of thing and the response to it involves the fire brigade shutting off the scene and using at the very least 20 litres of clean water per burn. Unfortunately there will be more of it as it' easily available and can be carried in a Lucozade bottle.

I actually believed the guys story but since finding out about the threats to the exes mother I'm less sure.  The actions in the video seemed to match up to his story.............but of course defence lawyers will help with this.

The boy is obviously an absolute c**t of the highest order. Hope he has to do the full 20 and I hope jail isn’t as enjoyable as the daily mail makes out, in fact I hope he doesn’t like it at all.
All for ‘harsh’, lengthy sentences. No want 20 years in the jail? Don’t throw acid at people. Really not that difficult.

These acid attacks are the product of an age where selfishness, lack of empathy, short sighted disregard for repercussion and over emotionalism are common place and the way to really destroy another person is to attack their appearance, and therefore, their rampant narcissism.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket.

20 years?  Good.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

These acid attacks are the product of an age where selfishness, lack of empathy, short sighted disregard for repercussion and over emotionalism are common place and the way to really destroy another person is to attack their appearance, and therefore, their rampant narcissism.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket.

20 years?  Good.

Acid attacks have been happening the world over for hundreds of years. It's hardly like the Instagram generation invented it. Just you settle doon, hen.

Agreed on the sentence. Hope the p***k serves every day of his twenty years.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Acid attacks have been happening the world over for hundreds of years. It's hardly like the Instagram generation invented it. Just you settle doon, hen.

Agreed on the sentence. Hope the p***k serves every day of his twenty years.

The number of attacks have hugely increased in a short period, therefore the point is they have become more prevalent in our society, not that no one ever threw acid before.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The number of attacks have hugely increased in a short period, therefore the point is they have become more prevalent in our society, not that one one ever threw acid before.

Or maybe it's less a reflection of how narcissistic we all are, and more a reflection that a certain section of society have cottoned on to a new trend amongst those of a criminal mindset.

Archived