146th Open Championship

Davis Love III

Who will win the 146th Open Championship  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check the nick of that arsehole Darren Clarke,  Grow old gracefully you fud.  The man who rivals Mark James and Sir p***k as worst Ryder Cup skipper in modern times.

Fair enough he looks a bit of a fud, but I could listen to Clarke talk instead of McGinlay any day. That guy needs two fucking paragraphs worth to say two sentences worth.

As much as I don't like the ruling about the drop, I can't help but like Speith, to then go 4 under for the next 3 holes is incredible, baws of steel stuff! Always think he talk brilliantly and to think he is only 23! 

Didn't like the ruling on 13 either, but that was more to do with having money on Kuchar. Speith certainly took full advantage of the rulebook to get the best possible outcome, I would certainly argue that the spot that was designated as his first point of relief was very generous. Whatever the outcome, it took far too long to sort out, who knows what effect hanging about for 20 minutes had on Kuchar.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Didn't like the ruling on 13 either, but that was more to do with having money on Kuchar. Speith certainly took full advantage of the rulebook to get the best possible outcome, I would certainly argue that the spot that was designated as his first point of relief was very generous. Whatever the outcome, it took far too long to sort out, who knows what effect hanging about for 20 minutes had on Kuchar.

Can't disagree with any of that, if that happened at a club, you would have 5 mins to find it, then you would be hacking it from where it lay! 

Check the nick of that arsehole Darren Clarke,  Grow old gracefully you fud.  The man who rivals Mark James and Sir p***k as worst Ryder Cup skipper in modern times.

Open champion. Sure he doesn't really care what anyone thinks of him tbf

Paul McGinley.. well he jumped in a lake

Down the stretch after 13 was stunning stuff, up there with the best stretch of golf I've seen in a major. As others have said, proper balls of steel stuff.

I really like Speith, think he comes across really well and is the best putter in the world. To think what he's done in golf before 24 years old is crazy. Also a class act with the fans (after his rounds) and media, and also does a hell of a lot for charity. His sisters condition and family surroundings seem to have kept him pretty well grounded given his incredible wealth and talent.

Good guy, but thought the ruling on the 13th took far too long- think the rules officials should take some flack here as any other player would have taken the play Speith did, if they'd thought of it.

Leading majors point to point is no mean feat.

It's all in the eyes. Speith  has those emotionless, dead eyes like a dogs eyes. The Masters, US Open and The Open already in the bag before 24. Like him or not he is going to win alot more Majors.

LTGVF1nJejR16.gif

Have to say I really miss a full day of BBC coverage.

Sky is just so un-immersive, lets go to the pro zone and talk about golf, then lets go to Butch and talk about some stats, then lets go for an advert (and I mean, one advert) every 10 mins....just show the bloody golf.

Oh and I really really miss Peter Alliss

It's all in the eyes. Speith  has those emotionless, dead eyes like a dogs eyes. The Masters, US Open and The Open already in the bag before 24. Like him or not he is going to win alot more Majors.

LTGVF1nJejR16.gif.ed853b80ec4e2522bc988e085815523b.gif

Here's a quote from the BBC report.

"Spieth's fellow Texan and Masters champion Ben Crenshaw once spoke of looking into his young compatriot's eyes and seeing the dead-eyed stare of Wild West gunslinger Wyatt Earp"

Archived