Football Manager 06 Out!

SimonLichtie

I just downloaded the gold demo.

Celtic made me a huge offer for Kirk Broadfoot straight away of £0 plus the honour of a friendly against them. Unsurprisingly I told them where to stick their offer. :lol:

697962[/snapback]

They offered me Gary Irvine, 20% of a future transfer fee, and a friendly, which I turned down. Managed to fend off a transfer request and a bid from Hearts, so he stays until January :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just downloaded the gold demo.

Celtic made me a huge offer for Kirk Broadfoot straight away of £0 plus the honour of a friendly against them. Unsurprisingly I told them where to stick their offer. :lol:

697962[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Could have been worse, they could have wanted to swap him for Bobo Balde ;)

When a news story comes up in the future about how well Broadfoot is doing it'll probably mention past interest from Sellick :)

Your not interested in a move, ya fud!

698543[/snapback]

Aye, he was the same with me (thought it might have been more to do with who I was and not whether the move would suit him), so I took th next step and went M*rt*n boss. Too young to play competitive matches though! <_<

Playing the Scottish quickstart right now. With ten games gone, I'm 2nd in the 3rd division with Albion Rovers, with 19 points (P10 W6 D1 L3, with six wins in the last seven games). I went out in round 3 of the challenge cup and round 2 of the league cup. I'm quite confident I can get us promotion in the first season due to my astute signings (Kenny McLean, Kevin Gaughan, Steven Bonar to name but three) and getting rid of the likes of Iain Chisholm for cold, hard cash and a 50% sell-on clause that may bear fruit in a few years :P

As I usually do with lower-league teams, I play an attacking 4-4-2 formation based around quick attacks and tireless defending, which obviously necessitates high fitness levels (I'll cross that bridge once I come to working out how the training works exactly i nthis game :P). With my last LLM experience (St. Alban's City) I was lucky enough to have two gifted wingers with crossing skills of 9; no such luck with the wee Rovers and with few wingers on the transfer market, I've left Width on Normal and not specified an attacking method. Just from observation, most of our play goes through the middle, which suits me fine as my strikers don't seem to be the best at heading. So, scrappy play and quick breaks through the middle are doing the trick at Cliftonhill.

The demo ends in early January. I'd just signed Andy Brown from Alloa and Gus McPherson as a player/coach (he was shite in the one game he played for us) after he got the boot from the Midden. 2nd in the table, 1 point behind Arbroath.

The training looks a lot easier to handle, and the team talks seem to make a difference. I'm pleased with this overall and will be buying it when it comes out.

There's a youth player from Celtic thats worth signing on loan, an Icelandic guy called Finnbogasan or something. Scored loads for me in division one.

John Spencer on a free wasn't bad either.

Me and Dave seemed to have found a bug in it - there seems to be an awful lot of red cards in the game. There was another one but I can't mind it.

Javier De Pedro is a good signing and for SPL/Div 1 teams I recommend Sam Morrow and ? Fletcher from Hibs on loan.

Me and Dave seemed to have found a bug in it - there seems to be an awful lot of red cards in the game. There was another one but I can't mind it.

Javier De Pedro is a good signing and for SPL/Div 1 teams I recommend Sam Morrow and ? Fletcher from Hibs on loan.

702051[/snapback]

Forfar had 4 guys sent off against me in the last 10 mins all for 2 bookings, also in pen shootout out of 12 pen taken 9 of them were put wide.

I had three sendings off (one for me, two against me) in around 30 games as Albion Rovers. My sending off was two bookings; both of theirs were professional fouls.

BTW, I played as a "good" team for the first time ever to see what it was like. AC Milan. I asked the coach to pick the lineup and then went through three friendlies against no-name German teams, winning narrowly, then won my first league away game 4-0. The chairman wants me to buy bigname players, but why bother when you can't lose? The biggest challenge was negotiating to loan out my FIFTY NINE reserve and youth players and deciding how many of the EIGHTY FIVE contracts to renew. Plus Vieri and Kaka are greetin' about my team talks.

There hasn't been that many reds in my game, but there have been hundreds of penalties. I had a game with 3, then a game with 1, then another game with 3! 7 pens in 3 games :o

And against Partick, I got a penalty, it was saved and booted out for a throw-in by the defender. The ball was thrown into the box and I got another penalty. Luckily, I scored second time around.

Does anyone else find the new one less predictable than last year's? Last year you could almost predict the way the game was going. Like if you scored early, you would always hold on until around 85 minutes then end up getting beat 3-1 etc.?

Does anyone else find the new one less predictable than last year's? Last year you could almost predict the way the game was going. Like if you scored early, you would always hold on until around 85 minutes then end up getting beat 3-1 etc.?

703053[/snapback]

Well, I lost 3 goals in the first 20 minutes to St Johnstone and drew 5-5 - don't think that could be called 'predictable' :P

Archived