St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

He rips my fucking knitting. Like seriously affects the enjoyment of watching the highlights. 

I don't like him either. Used to get injured players and ex pros to do it.

Perhaps it is to accurately recreates the West stand experience for punters that can't get to the game. Everytime I'm in the west stand there is someone talking pish near me.

6 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I don't like him either. Used to get injured players and ex pros to do it.

Perhaps it is to accurately recreates the West stand experience for punters that can't get to the game. Everytime I'm in the west stand there is someone talking pish near me.

Does he boo for 90 minutes? I rarely watch the youtube highlights so it's the first time i've heard him.

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was too easy for him yesterday though. Someone like that you've got to get physical with. You can't run along side him and hope to block the cross you've got to get shoulder to shoulder. He was hardly even tackled never mind fouled. I'd have more sympathy for Gallacher if it was outrageous skill beating him but it was just good direct wing play. The last left back to come through our youth team wouldve made it a totally different story.

Maybe not after only 4 games though. Kingsley was brilliant for us but was a bit of a bomb scare in his early games. Gallagher will come good.

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe not after only 4 games though. Kingsley was brilliant for us but was a bit of a bomb scare in his early games. Gallagher will come good.

Kingsley was drafted in as a 16yr old, he was like most youngsters up and down tho, on the other hand and side Duffie started on fire as a 17yr old and a league above, he had a dips later on.

Horses for courses, sure St Mirren had some of their youngsters they rode the waves with last season tho not as young in defence where it can hurt you more

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The problem is we can't wait for him to come good. It was ok in days gone by when we were skint and not really challenging for the title but now we're 8 years down here and with no sevco, hearts or hibs we need to be looking to win this league . We won't do that with he two full backs we have currently.

Yes I understand that all of you Pars fans want to keep telling us how bad Reilly is and that his attitude is shite. 
Yesterday he was immense and while it was only the first league game of the season, his attitude was spot on from start to finish.
He's playing for a management team who have both worked with him in the past, therefore there seems to be a mutual trust. I don't know what went on when he was on loan at Dunfermline, but the early signs are proving you guys wrong. Time will tell.

Proving us wrong about what? Dunfermline fans will tell you he was shite last year because he was, he could go on to score 50 goals this year and it wouldn't mean he done well for us, the attitude thing only got brought up because for reasons known only to Reilly he shoved his head up his own arse last year and didn't try a leg towards the end.

Both Aj and Sc worked with him in the past aswell btw

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Proving us wrong about what? Dunfermline fans will tell you he was shite last year because he was, he could go on to score 50 goals this year and it wouldn't mean he done well for us, the attitude thing only got brought up because for reasons known only to Reilly he shoved his head up his own arse last year and didn't try a leg towards the end.

Both Aj and Sc worked with him in the past aswell btw

Loan player v signed player perhaps

His most productive season was under Fowler

Reilly and Sutton were superb up front, bullied Falkirks lumbering central defenders, after the switch of wings for Morgan it was if the league cup never happened, it was back to the performance level of the end of last season. Special mention for McShane, did all the dirty work which won us the midfield, him and McGinn won't lose too many battles this season. Massive game at Cappielow next week. Win there and it's blast off.

This is seriously not having a go as you 100% deserved to win. However I think it was much more down to us being poor after the first 30 minutes than your great play. Thomson actually only had one save of note to make all game and that was at 3-1 when we had 10 men.

I think you like us will be let down defensively in the end and Samson is not the greatest. We did create a lot of chances early on and the one Miller missed at 3-1 was an absolute sitter. The strength in your team was McGinn and McShane providing the platform. I would have both at Falkirk in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is seriously not having a go as you 100% deserved to win. However I think it was much more down to us being poor after the first 30 minutes than your great play. Thomson actually only had one save of note to make all game and that was at 3-1 when we had 10 men.

I think you like us will be let down defensively in the end and Samson is not the greatest. We did create a lot of chances early on and the one Miller missed at 3-1 was an absolute sitter. The strength in your team was McGinn and McShane providing the platform. I would have both at Falkirk in a heartbeat.

The thing is that defensively we have arguable our best full back and definitely our best centre half to come in. That's the last area I'm really feeling will let us down at this point. 

Samson, bar his error actually had a good game on Saturday. His distribution was excellent bar one mishit kick in the second half, he made a very good stop and another where he parried that he really should have held at 1-0 and at 3-1 saved Gary MacKenzies blushes after Austin turned him inside out about 3 times, Sammy just barrelled in and got the ball to f**k. 

He'll make mistakes, what keeper doesn't? He'll also win us points this season. 

Edited by djchapsticks

The thing is that defensively we have arguable our best full back and definitely our best centre half to come in. That's the last area I'm really feeling will let us down at this point. 
Samson, bar his error actually had a good game on Saturday. His distribution was excellent bar one mishit kick in the second half, he made a very good stop and another where he parried that he really should have held at 1-0 and at 3-1 saved Gary MacKenzies blushes after Austin turned him inside out about 3 times, Sammy just barrelled in and got the ball to f**k. 
He'll make mistakes, what keeper doesn't? He'll also win us points this season. 

Austin should have gone down

:blink:

No point looking shocked that is all he had to do. What he did do was make a c**t of the 2nd goal and fail to get down to the third after Watson backed off Reilly far too much

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No point looking shocked that is all he had to do. What he didn't do was make a c**t of the 2nd goal and fail to get down to the third after Watson backed off Reilly far too much

I wasn't looking shocked, just confused. A keeper who conceded three goals only had one save to make in the match?

I wasn't looking shocked, just confused. A keeper who conceded three goals only had one save to make in the match?

Think I acknowledge that.

He did not have a huge amount to do outside that save however

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Once we have everybody back fit we will have a midfield of Morgan, McGinn, McShane and Magennis, I would say it will be the strongest midfield in the league by some distance.

Once we have everybody back fit we will have a midfield of Morgan, McGinn, McShane and Magennis, I would say it will be the strongest midfield in the league by some distance.

Don't disagree. It is by far the best part of your team

When Sibbald resigns it strengthens us hugely.

We had three not planning Saturday that would be in my midfield. Taiwo, Craigen and Sibbald would see us much stronger IMO.