The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

If Gowser scored a last minute winner against these c***s, I think his head would explode.

Fucking love the boy. Guaranteed he'll be wrapping pusses if the rest of the team come out playing like they did on Saturday.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

How fucking bad is DAB patter? Bring back BoredomGuy ffs.

To be fair to BoredomGuy at least he answers any points raised with a counter argument.  Raise a subject that is a sore point for United fans and most United posters on here (stumigoo and one or two others not included) simply retort with sarcasm.  

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Nope.

Correct. I wasn't being entirely serious. If I was I would say this - If I had my way this fixture would be five or six weeks away. Why? After getting the group stage out of the way and securing a decent result against Dundee I would be more than happy to concentrate on the league for 7 or 8 games. I don't like the fact this game has come around so quickly, partly because I'm still not sure what kind of team we are but also partly because (and rightly so) the league is the priority this year. I'm not particularly confident about tonight's game because Dundee had enough about them to beat us last time round and if we are not at our best then it could end in defeat. I'm also pessimistic purely because of my usual pre-derby nerves. don't think I have ever been confident about a derby because they are so unpredictable a times. 

If we played Celtic last night, got pumped and went out of the cup I wouldn't really mind because we really need to be focusing purely on the league. Tonight is different because losing to Dundee and going out of the cup to our closest rivals would be a massive kick in the baws and it would continue the battering we get on here. 

In saying all of that I think that our team does look pretty strong (in comparison to recent seasons). If everyone is indeed as fit as they should be then my preference would be - 

Lewis

Murdoch

Durnan

Edge

Scobbie

Briels

Fyvie

McMullan

Stanton

King

Keatings/McDonald (one will probably get about 60 minutes tonight but not sure which one)

Subs - Mehmet, Toshney, Flood, N'Koyi, Keatings/McDonald, Fraser, Robson

Correct. I wasn't being entirely serious. If I was I would say this - If I had my way this fixture would be five or six weeks away. Why? After getting the group stage out of the way and securing a decent result against Dundee I would be more than happy to concentrate on the league for 7 or 8 games. I don't like the fact this game has come around so quickly, partly because I'm still not sure what kind of team we are but also partly because (and rightly so) the league is the priority this year. I'm not particularly confident about tonight's game because Dundee had enough about them to beat us last time round and if we are not at our best then it could end in defeat. I'm also pessimistic purely because of my usual pre-derby nerves. don't think I have ever been confident about a derby because they are so unpredictable a times. 
If we played Celtic last night, got pumped and went out of the cup I wouldn't really mind because we really need to be focusing purely on the league. Tonight is different because losing to Dundee and going out of the cup to our closest rivals would be a massive kick in the baws and it would continue the battering we get on here. 
In saying all of that I think that our team does look pretty strong (in comparison to recent seasons). If everyone is indeed as fit as they should be then my preference would be - 
Lewis

Murdoch
Durnan
Edge
Scobbie

Briels
Fyvie

McMullan
Stanton
King

Keatings/McDonald (one will probably get about 60 minutes tonight but not sure which one)

Subs - Mehmet, Toshney, Flood, N'Koyi, Keatings/McDonald, Fraser, Robson

Looks not bad until you see that defence. Given what we're left with at the back tonight I'm going for 6-6.

To be fair to BoredomGuy at least he answers any points raised with a counter argument.  Raise a subject that is a sore point for United fans and most United posters on here (stumigoo and one or two others not included) simply retort with sarcasm.  

d10bbe81315730d13bb7f271ed3bec56.gif

45 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

If everyone is indeed as fit as they should be then my preference would be - 

Lewis

Murdoch

Durnan

Edge

Scobbie

Briels

Fyvie

McMullan

Stanton

King

I think that would be pretty much most United fans choice, which is promising as a good team pretty much picks itself.

I suspect Fyvie won't be fit to start yet though, and love-child Toshney will more likely get the nod ahead of Murdoch.

If United ever had a chance, it's tonight. We are down to the bare bones and their squad is coming back from injury just at the right time. I'm not confident at all.

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Go for 3, better odds, get your house on it and send us a picture of your betting slip, it's like free money.

Steady on, I'm confident not an idiot. No, enough to fund the weekend will do me fine but you're right it is free money and @2/1 you just can't pass it up. The fact I'll be getting it on the back of humping the wee team next door is just a cherry on top.

If United ever had a chance, it's tonight. We are down to the bare bones and their squad is coming back from injury just at the right time. I'm not confident at all.

Yep, feeling the same. Our defence gives me the fear at the best of times but tonight is going to either be one of those nights where everything somehow clicks or an absolute clusterfuck. First goal is crucial tonight and I wouldn't be surprised to see the team who scores first go on to win 3-0.

When the roles were reversed and we were the championship side, there's no doubt they would have battered us regardless. It's about time we got a bit stronger and just went after them from the off. We won't though.

Steady on, I'm confident not an idiot. No, enough to fund the weekend will do me fine but you're right it is free money and @2/1 you just can't pass it up. The fact I'll be getting it on the back of humping the wee team next door is just a cherry on top.

So how much have you put on at 2/1?

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The cost of 3l of Frosty Jack in Forfar...

Please...it's veuve clicquot or nothing for me. As flattering as it is to have so much speculation on my staking patterns it's an irrelevance. All that matters is I'm confident of Utds chances and feel the bookies have priced it wrong. 

I'll be sure to think of you fellas when I'm supping the champers and you're crying into your beans:guinness

I think that would be pretty much most United fans choice, which is promising as a good team pretty much picks itself.
I suspect Fyvie won't be fit to start yet though, and love-child Toshney will more likely get the nod ahead of Murdoch.

Was Flood on the bench on Saturday?

Please...it's veuve clicquot or nothing for me. As flattering as it is to have so much speculation on my staking patterns it's an irrelevance. All that matters is I'm confident of Utds chances and feel the bookies have priced it wrong. 
I'll be sure to think of you fellas when I'm supping the champers and you're crying into your beans:guinness

So you're refusing to state your stake? Bullshitting IMO.

Archived