The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cups defeats by your derby rivals happen periodically. Getting actually relegated by them is extremely rare and was an absolutely fucking magic feeling.

The only time I can remember that sort of thing happening in the past was when we relegated St Johnstone on the last day of the season whilst winning the league.

Cups defeats by your derby rivals happen periodically. Getting actually relegated by them is extremely rare and was an absolutely fucking magic feeling.

The only time I can remember that sort of thing happening in the past was when we relegated St Johnstone on the last day of the season whilst winning the league.

Just to add - from the Arab perspective the feeling can't have been that good though? As the neighbours you call 'the fun' papped you off to the bucket and spade leagues?

What about winning a major trophy against them in a cup final on their own ground?

What about winning a major trophy against them in a cup final on their own ground?

I was at that game and to be honest it didn't matter to me who we lost to, a cup final defeat is a cup final defeat.

But relegating you arrogant fuckers was beautiful man, really beautiful.

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I was at that game and to be honest it didn't matter to me who we lost to, a cup final defeat is a cup final defeat.

You lost a trophy and saw your neighbours pick it up. That would be a double kick in the balls and you only have to look at the Hibs and Hearts final to see how much it stings to the loser.

Relegating your rivals would be fun at the time and give you some creative taunts but it's nowhere the same as actually beating them to get a trophy.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

.......Calm down lads it's just a game; whoever wins gets to crow and whoever loses will no doubt have adequate excuses and/or appropriate insults to hurl.

...... but competing well and getting a result in the derby is always really important.

So how come you never went to the Doon Derby then?

You lost a trophy and saw your neighbours pick it up. That would be a double kick in the balls and you only have to look at the Hibs and Hearts final to see how much it stings to the loser.
Relegating your rivals would be fun at the time and give you some creative taunts but it's nowhere the same as actually beating them to get a trophy.

I was there and it didn't bother me, the fact it was United, better than losing to Celtic or Rangers.

To be fair I didn't utterly detest the Arabs the way I do now.

That's probably why relegating you was such a wonderful feeling.

30 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What a night that was, better than any silverware. IMO.

You are not in a position to make the comparison.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

So how come you never went to the Doon Derby then?

I was there.  It was not a nice experience.

Just now, Fifespud said:

I was there and it didn't bother me, the fact it was United, better than losing to Celtic or Rangers.

To be fair I didn't utterly detest the Arabs the way I do now.

That's probably why relegating you was such a wonderful feeling.

Fair enough. Losing to Rangers isn't much fun.

Well we can enjoy the trophy we got from beating you whilst you can enjoy the nothing you got from relegating us,

7 minutes ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Fair enough. Losing to Rangers isn't much fun.

Well we can enjoy the trophy we got from beating you whilst you can enjoy the nothing you got from relegating us,

Dundee did a fucking lap of honour after being pumped 3-0 in a cup final. By their rivals. At their own ground. Scarves were thrown from the Derry in tribute. It was lovely, a bit like the end of Cool Runnings.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was there.  It was not a nice experience.

Apologies Danger.  When I said you weren't there I must have been getting you mixed up with just about every other United fan on this forum.

Out of interest, where you one of the blokes holding up the FROM EUROPEAN NIGHTS TO RELEGATION FIGHTS. THOMPSON IT'S TIME TO GO banners?

Archived