The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Did dundee fans not pay wagner to appear at the game on sunday? And was he not on the pitch?

Arabs chipped in with that too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

8 days to wait. Knocking the jobby boys out of the cup after just relegating them, sweet.
They just haven't learned enough humility yet.

"You must suffer and cry for a longer time"............

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Did dundee fans not pay wagner to appear at the game on sunday? And was he not on the pitch?

If the fans paid for him to be there what does that have to do with the club? This wasn't a fan tweet, this was the official United twitter.

If the fans paid for him to be there what does that have to do with the club? This wasn't a fan tweet, this was the official United twitter.

It is still associated with Dundee. Was he not on the pitch?

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It is still associated with Dundee. Was he not on the pitch?

How is it associated with Dundee when fans paid for it out of their own pocket? As pointed out, United fans contributed. And yes, he did the half time draw, but I'm struggling to see how this is anywhere near the same as putting a for sale sign on your official twitter page.

How is it associated with Dundee when fans paid for it out of their own pocket? As pointed out, United fans contributed. And yes, he did the half time draw, but I'm struggling to see how this is anywhere near the same as putting a for sale sign on your official twitter page.

So getting a x factor reject decked out in a dundee strip and paraded onto the pitch to do a half time draw is not as bad as using social media to detail that a player is for sale? I would be surprised if you find any sane person to agree.

Whilst the whole twitter thing is unusual, i can kinda see where they are coming from. Social media is a popular platform for most things these days and if it raises some publicity and someone then puts an offer in for him then i don't see the issue.

People were laughing at St Mirren when they used linkedin to advertise for players but I am pretty sure they ended up signing one (maybe more) player through this avenue which helped contribute to them avoiding relegation.

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

So getting a x factor reject decked out in a dundee strip and paraded onto the pitch to do a half time draw is not as bad as using social media to detail that a player is for sale? I would be surprised if you find any sane person to agree.

This cost the club absolutely no money at all. Again, nothing to do with the club. Really don't know how you are struggling with this concept.  

I'm not denying that the whole Wagner this is a minter, it is. But it's a minter on behalf of the fans that keep paying for him, nothing to do with the club.

This cost the club absolutely no money at all. Again, nothing to do with the club. Really don't know how you are struggling with this concept.  
I'm not denying that the whole Wagner this is a minter, it is. But it's a minter on behalf of the fans that keep paying for him, nothing to do with the club.

But getting him onto the pitch was due to the club?

Putting something onto twitter and facebook cost dundee united nothing. If anything, it might help them get some money for him.

I don't think advertising players for sale on social media or paying to bring a tone-deaf scruff to a match comes close on the minter scale to a club going into administration twice and paying creditors 6p in the £.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't think advertising players for sale on social media or paying to bring a tone-deaf scruff to a match comes close on the minter scale to a club going into administration twice and paying creditors 6p in the £.

Shh, Granny. You can't announce that until we tell the City on Friday.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Likely team?

Keatings

King - Stanton - McMullan

Flood - Briels

Scobbie - Edge - Durnan - Murdoch 

Lewis

Bench: Mehmet, Robson, Toshney, Allardice, Fyvie, Fraser, McDonald

40 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Fyvie for Flood starting

If Fyvie is match fit and Murdoch is fit then that would be a very strong starting line up.  Scobbie would need to do better than he did in the last game, otherwise a far better looking team.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If Fyvie is match fit and Murdoch is fit then that would be a very strong starting line up.  Scobbie would need to do better than he did in the last game, otherwise a far better looking team.

I can't imagine Fyvie is match fit.

Anyway this is the lineup I would go for

----------------Bain

Kerr----Waddell----Hendry----Holt

---------------Kamara

-----McGowan---------Allan------

Deacon-----------------------Wolters

------------El Bakhtaoui

I'm assuming Moussa will be injured and if Waddell is then I have no idea who would come in at the back. Maybe Holt would move in and Williams at left back? That would really give me the fear. I would rather have Haber up there instead of El Bakbut it seems obvious that there's something going on there and McCann doesn't fancy him for some reason. If El Bak does play up there on his own, Allan is going to have to get close to him and support him because he can't play that role on his own. Can't see goals in that team so hoping we can somehow manage to shitfest our way to a victory.

Archived