The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

26 minutes ago, K.T said:

If it's softens the blow of the doon derby then let's call it a united win. In the end no one gives a f**k.

I'm impressed by the efforts of the Funsters on here to not give a f**k.  I'm wondering just how many posts it will take them to express their complete nonchalance.

BTW Dens is a complete shithole.  Fortunately I was sitting behind the goal today but the Derry and the main stand are embarrassingly awful.  I hope you build your new stadium soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sir Peh McBridie said:

I was told it was only £500

If it's really that then that's taking a cheeky dig a bit to far. (Unless said person is minted)

I heard it was two bottles of Buckfast and a night with Fifespud's missus.  Looking at the state of the guy I couldn't rule that out.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Genuine question - when was the last time any team, after drawing during 90 mins, who go on to win a game via penalties not actually win the game?

I would always say it's a draw, hence why bookies wouldn't give you the win money unless you had "to qualify / win the cup"

Normal context of penalties is normally progression, so it's a draw with the penalty winners qualifying (or winning the cup). In this one, United went up as winners and Dundee as runner's up, but the result is still  draw.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm impressed by the efforts of the Funsters on here to not give a f**k.  I'm wondering just how many posts it will take them to express their complete nonchalance.

BTW Dens is a complete shithole.  Fortunately I was sitting behind the goal today but the Derry and the main stand are embarrassingly awful.  I hope you build your new stadium soon.

Lunatic

The P&B Dees have given you the win so why are you still slavering on?

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

The P&B Dees have given you the win so why are you still slavering on?

Just now, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

Aye, because you're talking utter shite in here, celebrating a draw as a win, and being a total fucking paragon of nonchalance... 

Spot the contradiction.

BTW the guy Moussa (sp?) is going to be easily wound up by any savvy central defenders.  Unfortunately neither Durnan or the Edge is that sort of guy, but in the Premiership I think there will be many.  I can see him losing the plot quite frequently, particularly when he realises that your first three games in the League Cup is not the real level of competition in Scotland.

Genuine question - when was the last time any team, after drawing during 90 mins, who go on to win a game via penalties not actually win the game?

Since the new league cup set up deems the result after 90 mins to be a win/draw or loss (draw after 90 mins today) with win = 3pts, draw = 1pts and loss 0.
A penalty shoot out is held in the event of a draw to award a bonus point - not to decide who wins the match, as both teams were awarded 1 point for the draw.

Since the new league cup set up deems the result after 90 mins to be a win/draw or loss (draw after 90 mins today) with win = 3pts, draw = 1pts and loss 0.
A penalty shoot out is held in the event of a draw to award a bonus point - not to decide who wins the match, as both teams were awarded 1 point for the draw.

Hopefully Granny Danger has gone to his bed and doesn't see this. Would really upset him.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Spot the contradiction.

BTW the guy Moussa (sp?) is going to be easily wound up by any savvy central defenders.  Unfortunately neither Durnan or the Edge is that sort of guy, but in the Premiership I think there will be many.  I can see him losing the plot quite frequently, particularly when he realises that your first three games in the League Cup is not the real level of competition in Scotland.

Is it really a contradiction though if two different people say two different things?  Pretty sure that's called a disagreement.

Also, I pretty much agree with you on Moussa. A bit of a carthorse, but fairly entertaining with his antics. Think he's going to struggle massively against premiership level opposition, so it's probably a good thing that you guys aren't premiership level opposition.

10 minutes ago, Hayser78 said:

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hopefully Granny Danger has gone to his bed and doesn't see this. Would really upset him.

You're right I'm devastated!  

Glad we won on penalties all the same.

You're right I'm devastated!  

Glad we won on penalties all the same.

Congratulations on your penalties success! The "bonus" point to give you seeding worked out well ????
See you in about 10 days for what is effectively the 2nd leg of this league cup tie,oh and that we've lucked out on the home tie again [emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386]
This cup really is a shambles!

Someone give Danger his pills.

Cammy Kerr, outstanding again. I thought Kerr Waddell, other than a few misplaced passes, was fantastic. Deacon and Allan were both a threat and Holt was decent. I have my doubts about Moussa but it's still early days. Kamara looks class but needs a wee bit more urgency about him. Looking forward to the next one!

Archived