Weekend Betting

Slacker

St Johnstone currently 11/8 away to Dundee.  That seems like a great price to me unless I'm missing something?

For some reason saints have been big odds in every game so far.

Completely shat the bed at dens last time, but Dundee are shite so 11/8 is indeed massive.

This weekend I've got 3 x £20 singles on:

• Clyde to win at home to Edinburgh City (Evens at bet365 or Mcbookie).  I've seen Stirling play both these sides in the last month and Clyde are miles ahead.  Edinburgh will most likely play 5 at the back but they have scored 1 goal in their last 5 games and that was a free kick.  Clyde aren't world beaters at all but in Goodwillie they have a player who looked every inch a former internationalist last weekend.  If he's in the mood then I can see him scoring and / or setting some up.
  • Peterhead to win away to Cowdenbeath (17/20 or 5/6).  The Blue Toon haven't matched expectations so far this season, but by all accounts they were unfortunate not to win against in-form Montrose last weekend.  However the main reason for this bet is Cowdenbeath -- on a similar vein to Edinburgh, they have little attacking threat and it's looking like another long slog for them this season.  If Peterhead score twice, which is fairly likely, then I cannot see Cowden getting anything from the game.
  • Chelsea at home to Arsenal (4/5 generally).  I don;t usually bet on English football as I figure I don't know any more than the bookies, but I can't see past Chelsea on Sunday.  Arsenal continue to be poor in the big league games and I don't see that changing against the champions.

I'll also be sticking £20 on St Johnstone thanks to the comments above.  I then have someone to blame if it all goes wrong.  I like that.

I think we've lost our last three games at Dens, and the chances of us continuing an unbeaten start to the season must be pretty slim. Not convinced we're a great bet.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think we've lost our last three games at Dens, and the chances of us continuing an unbeaten start to the season must be pretty slim. Not convinced we're a great bet.

Have you played a Neil McCann Dundee side at Dens though?

Different sides though. We lost a 5 game unbeaten run there last season but we are better side than then and arguably Dundee are worse.

Think the odds for saints the last few weeks have been generous given form.

14 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

This weekend I've got 3 x £20 singles on:

• Clyde to win at home to Edinburgh City (Evens at bet365 or Mcbookie).  I've seen Stirling play both these sides in the last month and Clyde are miles ahead.  Edinburgh will most likely play 5 at the back but they have scored 1 goal in their last 5 games and that was a free kick.  Clyde aren't world beaters at all but in Goodwillie they have a player who looked every inch a former internationalist last weekend.  If he's in the mood then I can see him scoring and / or setting some up.
  • Peterhead to win away to Cowdenbeath (17/20 or 5/6).  The Blue Toon haven't matched expectations so far this season, but by all accounts they were unfortunate not to win against in-form Montrose last weekend.  However the main reason for this bet is Cowdenbeath -- on a similar vein to Edinburgh, they have little attacking threat and it's looking like another long slog for them this season.  If Peterhead score twice, which is fairly likely, then I cannot see Cowden getting anything from the game.
  • Chelsea at home to Arsenal (4/5 generally).  I don;t usually bet on English football as I figure I don't know any more than the bookies, but I can't see past Chelsea on Sunday.  Arsenal continue to be poor in the big league games and I don't see that changing against the champions.

I'll also be sticking £20 on St Johnstone thanks to the comments above.  I then have someone to blame if it all goes wrong.  I like that.

Only thing I'll say regarding Peterhead is that they have a rather lengthy injury list just now - from their website:

Last week, David McCracken, Jamie Stevenson, Samson Gabriel and Mickael Ngango Dikobo missed out.

Jack Leitch, Russell McLean and Rory McAllister have been added to the casualty list after suffering injuries in the 1-1 draw against Montrose.

Paul Cairney is also struggling, although McInally will finalise his squad nearer to kick-off.

I still expect us to get beat but I would be wary!  Could be a 0-0.

Maritimo  at home to Deportivo Aves at 23/20  looks a banker. They haven't lost at home for a year and Aves have a shocking away record. The only injury I can find is a highly rated defensive midfielder but his likely replacement is strong too.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maritimo  at home to Deportivo Aves at 23/20  looks a banker. They haven't lost at home for a year and Aves have a shocking away record. The only injury I can find is a highly rated defensive midfielder but his likely replacement is strong too.

You've convinced me!

Nothing like taking advice from strangers on the internet.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Ryan Gauld hat-trick incoming.....

Stuck a fiver on over 2.5 goals in all 5 SPFL Championship games. Pays ~18/1. 

In gameweeks 2&3, 4 out of the 5 matches had over 2.5 goals. Last week, another goal in Brechin v Falkirk and Dundee United v Dumbarton would have been enough. Looking at tomorrow's games, it looks possible.

Edited by smpar

Hills have good value on Highland League games tomorrow, Clach away to Huntly at 11/4 I'm most confident of. Going for Forres as well at 9/2, Rothes at 15/8 along with Clyde, Cowdenbeath and Maritimo.

£5 > £3800 odd.

P.S. This is definitely not a tip.