Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

Just now, glenburn bud said:

Official site saying that we have now shifted over 1900 tickets :thumsup2 

That's superb.

Can't help feeling that we're setting ourselves up for one of those "crowd turn up but team don't" days.

Having said that, mostly, since JR's new team came in in January, they have delivered on the park.

Huge game tomorrow.

Not really because it's Morton, but after beating Falkirk on the opening day we need to keep the momentum going if we're serious about doing something in the league.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

That's superb.

Can't help feeling that we're setting ourselves up for one of those "crowd turn up but team don't" days.

Having said that, mostly, since JR's new team came in in January, they have delivered on the park.

Huge game tomorrow.

Not really because it's Morton, but after beating Falkirk on the opening day we need to keep the momentum going if we're serious about doing something in the league.

Yes this has happened on many occasions time for a change think positive!!!!  Saturday already seems to far away 

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

That's superb.

Huge game tomorrow.

On the plus side, it's not being televised. 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Last season was good for you out with the tail end of the season Jim Duffy I'm sure will get things right given time. It's difficult for clubs our size due to budgets. However both our clubs are capable of bigger supports if successful have seen it in the past. McGills do you think they will get on board? Supporters of provincial teams have to be commended given the two evil sisters. 

Think you missed the joke, but no probs.

Duffy's improved the team every year, what more can one ask. Lets just see what this season brings. Hopefully a few loans in and we're good to go.

Supporting a shit team builds character :-) 

And would be happier if McGills didn't get on board. 

Don't know what to expect tomorrow. My feeling is this season we may be a bit inconsistent but when we play at our best we should be able to beat anyone on our day. Can't afford a slow start tomorrow, losing an early goal to a Jim Duffy team wouldn't be good, they can grind out results.

Even though we are missing Davis and Magennis, Morton's injury crisis means we are probably slight favourites for this. Again we need Smith and Morgan to turn it on, if they are on form the Morton defence will be in for a hard time. Morton going forward McHugh concerns me, he always scores against us. Nathan Austin caused us a bit of bother last week, not seen Quitongo live but he seems the pacey sort that could cause Gary Mac and Baird problems if he gets one on one with either of them. 

Set pieces could be key, both keepers looking a bit shakey, Gaston is pretty gash and Samson has had some shakey moments but has also pulled off some great saves.

Gutted I am missing this, after our win last week a draw wouldn't be the worst result but JR will be going for the 3 points.

Gary MacKenzie to score anytime 14/1, will be having some of that.

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

1900 tickets sold and still Buddies looking for tickets. Morton really have to sell some outside.

I feel for you lot ever so slightly with being unable to buy tickets on the day, but if there are fans out there still looking to buy tickets, its their own stupid fault. Your website was very clear that tickets would only be on sale until today and the tickets have been on sale since the 3rd of Aug ( you have had much more time than Morton fans)

14 minutes ago, madton said:

I feel for you lot ever so slightly with being unable to buy tickets on the day, but if there are fans out there still looking to buy tickets, its their own stupid fault. Your website was very clear that tickets would only be on sale until today and the tickets have been on sale since the 3rd of Aug ( you have had much more time than Morton fans)

Oh, come on guys. There are many reasons that people only buy a ticket on the day of an event as their personal circumstances change (boss lets them off, family commitment cancelled etc). We are not talking thousands here as those that could did buy in advance.

I see some wanky smactive twitter page has a thread for those junkies scrambling for tickets. 

It wasn't that fucking hard in the first place. 

People with jobs might struggle to get to the ticket office to collect or live outside Paisley

Not that you would understand what a job is ya fucking tramp

People with jobs might struggle to get to the ticket office to collect or live outside Paisley

Not that you would understand what a job is ya fucking tramp

That's better - this thread was far too convivial

I'm on holiday and can't make this so I'll be seething at 4.45 regardless of the result. If we win (:lol:) I'll be gutted I'm not there, but if we lose it'll probably be down to Harkins getting a start and our midfield being very pedestrian. I'd like to think Duffy will be safe and go for the 4 in midfield but in 2016 he started a derby with 2 CH's playing at CM and 2 CM's playing out wide. I don't think he'll change from this 4-3-3/4-5-1 and I think it'll cost us. Hope I'm wrong. 

Archived