Sportscene Watch 19/20

1 hour ago, Hen Broon said:

Love the wasted 10 minute's with Stewart and Thompson going all Skyish if front of the screen. Drivel.

That was absolutely painful.  Everything about it, from their inability to use the fucking thing, to their inability to talk while doing it, via the fact that they stood the whole time with their back to camera.  Utter pish.

I mean, Alan Shearer can use one of these!  Honest to God Alan Shearer.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:02, Lurkst said:

Noticed the Celtic v Hibs highlights were pretty extensive, more like what they broadcast on Scottish Cup weekends.  Has there been a change in the rules around how much of a game can be shown?

I assumed that was because there were fewer games in the same programme running time. 

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

On bbc1 at 00:15 tomorrow morning.

Interesting body language from Kris Boyd filling in for Michael Stewart. I don't think it's physically possible to sit with your knees further out. 

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I assumed that was because there were fewer games in the same programme running time. 

Interesting body language from Kris Boyd filling in for Michael Stewart. I don't think it's physically possible to sit with your knees further out. 

He does much the same with his elbows when he goes up for a header

Morelos rolling about grabbing his shin and pain across his face, until he sees hes not got a penalty so hes straight up and sprinting at the ref :lol:

That was absolutely painful.  Everything about it, from their inability to use the fucking thing, to their inability to talk while doing it, via the fact that they stood the whole time with their back to camera.  Utter pish.
I mean, Alan Shearer can use one of these!  Honest to God Alan Shearer.

Michael Stewart makes me appreciate Alan Shearer all the more.

• 3 weeks later...

Normally I like Michael Stewart but his highlighting Rodriguez-gorrins performance yesterday with the comment about how he was central to the way Motherwell have played recently was a joke

A) He came on for about 20mins when we were 3-0 up

B) He has had about 45mins of action since the start of the season.

I was quite happy with how he played yesterday when he came on but to highlight his performance whilst ignoring Turnbull who I would say is more technically gifted is laughable.

If David Turnbull was called Davide Turnbullez he may have got a mention. 

16 minutes ago, weemac said:

Normally I like Michael Stewart but his highlighting Rodriguez-gorrins performance yesterday with the comment about how he was central to the way Motherwell have played recently was a joke

I was quite happy with how he played yesterday when he came on but to highlight his performance whilst ignoring Turnbull who I would say is more technically gifted is laughable.

that entire bit...

giphy.gif

Honestly think they've mistaken Ally Gorrin for Div Turnbull.

Edit: I'm totally fine with Sportscene ignoring Turnbull until he's signed a new 10 year deal tbqh.

Edited by capt_oats

54 minutes ago, weemac said:

Absolutely bizarre for Gorrin to be highlighted in a game where he came on when the game was already won, although he was tidy enough in what he did. 

Would have thought Johnson the two goal returning striker or Grimshaw who was outstanding at right wingback, for two would have been rather more worthy of the spotlight, but hey, it's Sportscene, since when did reasoned and accurate analysis ever occur on there.?