Sportscene Watch 19/20

"Half hearted attempt for a penalty" in reference to Defoe's massive dive in the second half. 

No, he's a massive cheating c**t who wasn't touched in the slightest and who should have been booked (and punched in his cheating puss).

Tavernier's penalty was shit. Some howling defending to concede that one.

From the highlights draw seemed fair.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

A backpass when the keeper passed to himself? :huh: 

Yes. Otherwise keepers would just flick the ball up into their arms to bypass the backpass rule.

Or even just kick it in front of themselves then pick it up.

Edited by The Master

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

A backpass when the keeper passed to himself? :huh: 

It was passed to him in the first place. Don't suppose it's any different to if he gets a pass back and then does a couple of keepy-uppys, he still can't pick it up.

While looking up the actual law of the game that governs this, it turns out the six second rule still exists. I thought it was scrapped years ago in favour of "reasonable time".

Live and learn.

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

controls the ball with the hands for more than six seconds before releasing it

touches the ball with the hands after:

• releasing it and before it has touched another player

Incidentally, Wednesday night will be interesting.

If Premier Sports don't show the replay (and they might not be able to do thanks to the MOU that prevents domestic games up against the Champions League) then this will be the first time since the start of the "ongoing situation" where a Scottish Cup game at Ibrox isn't shown live. Yet the BBC are contractually-obliged to provide footage of all non-live games.

Will they break with their principles and send someone along, or spend money sub-contracting to the usual company that cover league games for Sevco TV, whose footage is then used for Sportscene?

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The replay is on the 26th

That's what I get for trusting Jonathan Sutherland.  He said "Rangers (sic) and Kilmarnock go at it again on Wednesday". Rewinding iPlayer the graphic - which I didn't see at the time - says the 20th. 

The point still stands, though - if it's not shown live, what to the BBC do in terms of gathering footage?

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

That's what I get for trusting Jonathan Sutherland.

You should trust him a lot more than some random P&B poster. It's the 20th, going by the SFA website: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-fifth-round-fixture-information-2018-19/?rid=2107

Not to mention the 26th is a Tuesday and they play Hamilton on Sunday 24th...

20 minutes ago, The Master said:

That's what I get for trusting Jonathan Sutherland.  He said "Rangers (sic) and Kilmarnock go at it again on Wednesday". Rewinding iPlayer the graphic - which I didn't see at the time - says the 20th. 

The point still stands, though - if it's not shown live, what to the BBC do in terms of gathering footage?

I'm talking pish, it is the 20th

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You should trust him a lot more than some random P&B poster. It's the 20th, going by the SFA website: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-fifth-round-fixture-information-2018-19/?rid=2107

Not to mention the 26th is a Tuesday and they play Hamilton on Sunday 24th...

Sutherland himself said it was this Wednesday; it was only the graphic that was correct.