All central and Caledonian results.

Paul M

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harestanes Bannockburn listed on CSAFL website for Wednesday night, should be a good one. Two teams who have started well & will probably both fancy their chances.

Good to see games on midweek this time of year, hopefully it will mean less of a mess with teams playing a few midweekers throughout the season not having to play 3 games a week come April & May next year.

• 1 month later...

Camby Talbot 2 Drum Ams 2 last night.

Stand out game tomorrow in Central would prob be whether Eastfield can put any sort of dent into Hares scorching start.

Interesting to see how Gourock respond after a few heavy defeats. Not sure if they've been givcen a bit of time out or whatever but they seem to have played a good few games less than everyone else. A local derby v Greenock is a good way to get started back I suppose.

On 26/10/2017 at 17:16, josecc said:

Any stand out games this weekend in any of the leagues

Yea two tops games dumbarton v dalziel and southside v bannockburn should be decent. Think sside play out of benburb.

On 10/27/2017 at 15:38, Hands_Free said:

Camby Talbot 2 Drum Ams 2 last night.

Stand out game tomorrow in Central would prob be whether Eastfield can put any sort of dent into Hares scorching start.

Interesting to see how Gourock respond after a few heavy defeats. Not sure if they've been givcen a bit of time out or whatever but they seem to have played a good few games less than everyone else. A local derby v Greenock is a good way to get started back I suppose.

I thought Eastfield Hares might've been a good one. Sounds a cracker. Central very competitive this year,many teams capable of beating one another,as has been shown already.

I’m from Ayrshire and seen hulford on a number of occasions this season and in my opinion they’ll be no where near the latter stages of the majors this season. Weak in the full back areas and 3 of their back 4 are about 2 stone over weight, against a decent quick front 3 they would struggle in my opinion.

The league goldenhill play in isn’t exactly the strongest.
I would fancy one of the better teams in the central or the caley league to beat them

Have you seen many of the teams in the SAFL? I ask because I do my best to watch amateur games and take in as many teams as possible. My default was always to watch CSAFL or Caley games because I considered them the best leagues.

However I have been very impressed with a few SAFL teams. Alba, St Joseph’s, Oban Saints, Motherwell Thistle, Goldenhill are all good sides.

I’m not saying any will win a major but I don’t think the standard is as poor as some might.

Guest Mick Kennedy

It's very difficult to say who will win the majors at this stage of the season. But I'm sure there will be SAFL teams there or there abouts. I have always been very impressed with Goldenhill when I have seen them, they have stared the season really strongly and will be a match for anyone on their day. St Joes were a good side last season and Oban St have a good record of getting to the later stages of the majors.

Theres such a fascination with Central because the league has a good record with major winners over the years, but I'm sure there are plenty of clubs in the remaining leagues who will be quietly confident, or vocally confident. 

I'm sure like every other season before there will be a few surprises along the way.

Archived