All central and Caledonian results.

Paul M

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better teams don't always come away with the points John. Is this forum formed by the giffnock committee? Haha just kidding mate. For a team that has lost their better players and brought in others they certainly seem to be going in the right direction so soon. I've bn told to start speaking right now and stop the winding up cos gman's blood pressure was getting too high [emoji23] how is doune's team looking this year?

Defo the strongest part of their team. Kevin McElroy didn't score today, which is rare but was involved in a good few goals and constant danger. The other 2 scored a few between them and were looking sharp throughout. Tough day for the drum defenders but as I said earlier they battled away to the end so fair play to them

St pats are a quality side as are accies. Plenty experience in both squads and plenty quality too. No team will fancy coming down this way to play this season and I'd be surprised if both didn't go far in the majors

7 hours ago, Sailor said:

No one has taken the the time to point out  that Giffnocks  first goal was a penalty and Doune had a guy sent off. So as I said an interesting season ahead in the Cally league. Based on years of experience.

Fair points Sailor and I agree this years premier will be very competitive.

Unfortunately I missed this one due to injury and was watching as well, it was an entertaining game and described accurately by yourself and Big Hartson.  Doune scored in first couple minutes and after that I thought we had most of possession and chances, but that does sometimes happen when teams get an early lead.  Then withabout 20 to go, the Bull scored a belter of a free kick, was good to see the big man back playing after he missed all of last year with ankle injury.  Handball on line and red card from Doune sub and Magoo buried the penalty with ten to go and then big Ross our right back equalised from corner great finish with not long left.

Alot of new faces in Doune side too, changed side from their team that won the league two years in a row. Strong side who will be up there come end of season for sure.

Archived