The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 14:12, eindhovendee said:

There's a lot of songs on here that are just shite and down to one person's taste, this however lives up to the thread title, astonishingly bad.

I'm still seeing this from most of the choices, truly shit but not "astonishingly bad".

This is.

I defy anyone to get to the end of this. If she wasn't already dead I'd go and find her and kill her.

• 2 months later...
On 25/11/2023 at 12:46, eindhovendee said:

I'm still seeing this from most of the choices, truly shit but not "astonishingly bad".

This is.

I defy anyone to get to the end of this. If she wasn't already dead I'd go and find her and kill her.

I didn’t realise she had died

that’s fair cheered me up thanks

To be fair to Cilla, I challenge anyone to find a decent version of that fucking mountain song.

Must have sung that hundreds of times at school as part of the musical terrorism we inflict on young children to build character (presumably).

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently this mid 1970s song was produced to intentionally mimic the style of music a decade earlier, despite the fact that music a decade earlier was substantially better. This song is a turd in a list of turds - not necessarily because of the lyrics or meaning - just the melody and arrangement:

Edited by ChilliTomatoSoup

• 1 month later...

The NHL games were a formative part of my youth for a few reasons. One of them was the music. Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World in 2003 remains the high point, but from 06/07 you have Fall Out Boy, Billy Talent, Cute is What We Aim For, Inkwell, Pilate, lots of bands and music that either formed part of my taste in music or heavily influenced it. 

I've been playing NHL 24 and the soundtrack is ghastly. You can literally chart the decline of music purely by the Fall Out Boy song that features on it compared to Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued. The best song on it is a rap/rock mixture by a black guy from Georgia who grew up listening to My Chemical Romance, and I'm not kidding. 

Anyway, this is the worst thing on it:

And the sooner modern music stops being made by pubeless wonders who sing about nothing but therapy and serotonin, the better. 

3 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Don't like artists ripping off others, Led Zeppelin being one of the worst!!!

To be fair "She Walked through the fair" was public domain and Page takes Graham's interpretation of it and bit's of Bert Janch's "Down by Blackwaterside"and pushes the ideas far further out into more ambitious and experimental territory than Graham's relatively safe and sane version did. If you've got a problem with people doing that then I can only urge you to avoid Jazz

That said, trying to do that stuff on electric as opposed to acoustic seems like a crazy idea and a lot of that 12 minutes is very much in the "you had to be there man" territory so it belongs on the thread

This is a far better version

Has anyone actually enjoyed any of the stuff they've been exposed to on here?

I've started unironically listening to Lil Mariko, God help me, and I already loved that Leonard Nimoy album.