Sky Bet Horses Offer

There are some days when form and knowledge go out the window, and you resort to picking a horse based purely on the name like a kid at the grand national. With that in mind, today's choice for the Sky horses offer (14.05 at Wolverhampton) is Highland Dress. 

Easy treble up yesterday with Appreciate it, Shishkin and Honeysuckle. Only paid £60ish  due to their prices and didn’t sniff a winner in the other 4 races. So not a bad day as I didn’t lose but not a profitable day either. 

Had Blue Lord yesterday who was only going to finish second when down at the last. 

Today I have took my shortest price horse in over a year but I just can’t see past the winner and I’m resisting my usual patter of finding a price. If going for a price it would have been Keskonrisk but no need to look further than the top of the market for me today 

3 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

How was your day overall yesterday mate?

E/W money on Eldorado Allen and a winner with Black Tears. Just got £75 in place money on Tea Clipper so still up 👍🥉😂😂

Edited by jagfox BLM

Can a seasoned gambler help me with some betting jargon?

What does refund “Win singles or win part of each way singles only” mean?

Sky are doing a money back as cash offer (max 10 quid) on one of the races tomorrow. I did this the other day as a £5 each way, lost, but was only refunded £5 instead of the £10 I staked?

Tomorrow I’m looking to stick a tenner on a single, returns currently at £15 quid. If it loses will I get my tenner back or will I only get the “win part” of the single I.e the fiver?

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Can a seasoned gambler help me with some betting jargon?

What does refund “Win singles or win part of each way singles only” mean?

Sky are doing a money back as cash offer (max 10 quid) on one of the races tomorrow. I did this the other day as a £5 each way, lost, but was only refunded £5 instead of the £10 I staked?

Tomorrow I’m looking to stick a tenner on a single, returns currently at £15 quid. If it loses will I get my tenner back or will I only get the “win part” of the single I.e the fiver?

Not a seasoned gambler, but they're refunding you the amount you lost if your bet was a straight on the nose to win bet.  If you'd put your free £10 bet to win and your horse lost, you'd have got the £10 back.  Because you did an ew bet, they've refunded you the proportion you put on to win, ie £5.  The ew element is not refunded.

Someone else who knows the game much better than i do might explain this better, but i think i've got the jist correct.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Not a seasoned gambler, but they're refunding you the amount you lost if your bet was a straight on the nose to win bet.  If you'd put your free £10 bet to win and your horse lost, you'd have got the £10 back.  Because you did an ew bet, they've refunded you the proportion you put on to win, ie £5.  The ew element is not refunded.

Someone else who knows the game much better than i do might explain this better, but i think i've got the jist correct.

Hope this helps.

This is correct. If you've put £5 each way its a £10 bet, £5 for the horse to win and £5 for it to place. The "win part" is refunded (£5) but the place bet isn't as thats not part of the offer. 

Just for awareness, the money back offer is for 2nd-4th tomorrow rather than on all losing bets as it has been yesterday and today. Think I'll take a speculative punt on Shan Blue, but would expect Envoi Allen to romp it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back on the flat for 2.00pm at Doncaster on Lincoln Handicap day. 11 runners and money back for second or third place. Start of the flat season can be a bit of a lottery as horses often need a run or two to find their stride. Some may have had runs over the all-weather others may just go well fresh after a lay-off.

Taking a total plunge on What’s The Story for Keith Dalgleish. 

Good luck lads 🤞🐴

Great to see some winners on here folks and well in to anyone taking some pennies out the bookies. Haven’t been doing much since Cheltenham and my next venture will be next week but with the flat season starting and with Lingfield finals today I thought I’d at least have a bash. 

I have looked at 3 horses as it’s 3 I’ve saw many a time on the all weather and often against one another. So we have Rainbow Dreamer 9/4 Fav, Australis 8/1 and Island Brave 14/1. These 3 met in December and Island Brave came out on top with Australis a 1/2 length down in second and Rainbow Dreamer in 3rd only a neck behind. Rainbow Dreamer is a good horse and wasn’t far behind Australis in the Northumberland Plate when giving away plenty weight but I don’t think there is a huge difference in their ability and at 8/1 I’m more tempted to side with the later. Island Brave absolutely annihilated Australis on the grass at Ascot last year when a 33/1 winner but Australis’ best form is clearly on the all weather with form figures of 12121221. 

I’m not dismissing the rest of the field I just wanted to keep it simpler today and concentrate on those 3 as my flat racing picks have been largely poor. 

Good luck all.