Guess the ground

Flybhoy

Metalist Kharkiv's ground (I don't actually know the name), now used by the Donetsk teams.

Cracking ground. Shame about the club... or maybe not, I'm sure you'll know more about them!

I'd say have another go on a picture, as well. :lol:

Edited by Nightmare

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Metalist Kharkiv's ground (I don't actually know the name), now used by the Donetsk teams.

Cracking ground. Shame about the club... or maybe not, I'm sure you'll know more about them!

I'd say have another go on a picture, as well. :lol:

Aye, simply called Metalist Stadium. Owner simply fucked off (he was one of the most wanted men in Ukraine) and left and the money ran out. There is a another Metalist team playing in the lower leagues now.

5 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Aye, simply called Metalist Stadium. Owner simply fucked off (he was one of the most wanted men in Ukraine) and left and the money ran out. There is a another Metalist team playing in the lower leagues now.

Had a wee look there, Serhiy Kurchenko is the name. His own Wiki suggests he's been on the run since 2014, but the page for SK Metalist Kharkiv (formed in 2016 after the liquidation of the original team, and playing in the Kharkiv regional leagues) says he's the current owner. There's apparently also another club been formed since, known as Metalist 1925 Kharkiv, with no affiliation to the previous administration and trying to work up through the league system.

What a clusterfuck. :lol:

Just now, Nightmare said:

Had a wee look there, Serhiy Kurchenko is the name. His own Wiki suggests he's been on the run since 2014, but the page for SK Metalist Kharkiv (formed in 2016 after the liquidation of the original team, and playing in the Kharkiv regional leagues) says he's the current owner. There's apparently also another club been formed since, known as Metalist 1925 Kharkiv, with no affiliation to the previous administration and trying to work up through the league system.

What a clusterfuck. :lol:

It's 1925 who play in the national leagues, set a record crowd when they played Dnipro-1 recently. Dnipro another team lost in similar circumstances, although they were relegated last season and not bankrupt, just the investments stopped.

Just now, Karpaty said:

It's 1925 who play in the national leagues, set a record crowd when they played Dnipro-1 recently. Dnipro another team lost in similar circumstances, although they were relegated last season and not bankrupt, just the investments stopped.

So people are supporting the one in the national league setup instead of the other one that are apparently still linked to this dodgy geezer?

I saw some of Dnipro last season. Mad they got relegated so soon after a Europa League final appearance. Seemed to draw all the time, iirc.

Just now, Nightmare said:

So people are supporting the one in the national league setup instead of the other one that are apparently still linked to this dodgy geezer?

I saw some of Dnipro last season. Mad they got relegated so soon after a Europa League final appearance. Seemed to draw all the time, iirc.

They all support 1925. Kurchenko's still wanted IIRC so unsure about any involveement with him.

Dnipro picked up towards the end of the season and only narrowly went down instead of Karpaty. With the utter shambles that's happened this season with Karpaty that might've not been a bad thing. :lol:

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not Galway and surprised you don't know this one.

DJ38Xt8WAAAMl56.jpg

The last time I was there it was  way back in 1977/78 for Finn Harps 5 Linfield 5 in the old Tyler All-Ireland Cup. We came from 5-1 down late on, only to lose on penalties,. I remember Ballybofey as being great craic though.

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Got that one thanks to the Joma advert

Jam.png

I get the feeling we could be here a long time with this one. :lol:

I think it must be in the Americas, mainly due to the big blow up bottle of juice or whatever that is. You seem to see that kind of stuff at matches in South America all the time.