Guess the ground

Flybhoy

From my memory of CONCACAF Champions League games, the three Costa Rican teams I've heard of (Herediano, Alajuelense, and of course Saprissa that you've just mentioned) play in relatively big grounds. 20,000+ types.

This one looks like a really small team's ground. I don't know any other Costa Rican teams to say any smaller ones that it could be. In Honduras I know of Olimpia, Motagua and Honduras Progreso, from Nicaragua there's Walter Ferretti and from Panama there's Arabe Unido. That's my CONCACAF knowledge, so if it's not any of them I'm out. :lol:

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Think that might be Mallorca.

51 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iberostar Stadium in Mallorca

Correct. I just realised I broke the rules here as RCD Mallorca are now a third tier team

Edited by Torpar

No idea of the stadium name, but Al Ain from the UAE play there. Omar Abdulrahman plays for them - cracking player, think he'd cut it in a good league.

I watch far too much random football on bet365. :lol:

On phone just now, will post a ground tomorrow when I'm on the comp.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

No idea of the stadium name, but Al Ain from the UAE play there. Omar Abdulrahman plays for them - cracking player, think he'd cut it in a good league.

I watch far too much random football on bet365. :lol:

On phone just now, will post a ground tomorrow when I'm on the comp.

Spot on, it's the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium. I used to live about five minutes walk from that ground - the pain is that it didn't exist when I was there and they used to play here,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Ain_FC#Grounds

How long ago was that? Their football has had a lot of money chucked at it, and so seems to be of a fairly decent standard these days.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't decide whether this will be too easy, but let's go with it...

Edited by Nightmare