Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just me who thought Zanatta dived to get the Ayr boy sent off? Looked like he felt the contact, took two steps then fell over. Ayr player should've been given a straight red before hand for his tackle on Spence, not that it's relevant.

It was a foul but he made too much of it.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Will be interesting to watch the highlights and see how bad these tackles are. Seemed to be a few heavy challenges from Ayr whilst on other occasions raith players tried to con the referee which worked well particularly in the first half. 

I thought that our front four were hunchbacks, then I realised that they were wearing your defenders on their backs.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just me who thought Zanatta dived to get the Ayr boy sent off? Looked like he felt the contact, took two steps then fell over. Ayr player should've been given a straight red before hand for his tackle on Spence, not that it's relevant.

Well, yes. I wasn't going to mention it... highlights should be fairly damning (or hilarious depending on your outlook...)

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Oh aye!!

You mean the thrre yellow cards your lot got, the sending off and, of the course the big BREAK, Bene's leg?

Get a grip man, crowd of hammer throwers that you are!!

Far from hammer throwers FFS

You are only 4 points ahead.

Need to keep the head a bit longer but, as someone else posted earlier, Fifers gonna Fifer

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Definitely a foul although he made a meal of it. Considering Ayr were all still on the park after today's performance I had no sympathy for the sending off.

17 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Far from hammer throwers FFS

You are only 4 points ahead.

Need to keep the head a bit longer but, as someone else posted earlier, Fifers gonna Fifer

Tbf, a lot of the time Ayr were very heavy with their tackles. Particularly towards the end when they went heads gone. Still, it must be frustrating to lose to a team who played Ryan Stevenson in goals last season. 

I didn't realise we were such a big scalp up in eastbumfuck!
Honestly, I didn't know Arbroath had fans, never mind the 5 or so on here wanking into their socks tonight.
What a total bunch of diddie c***s they are.
Are there any decent ones at all or  is this it?

The defeat to Arbroath didn't go down well with you.

How's this defeat feeling?

This thread has taken a bit of a turn.

Looking forward to the highlights coming along and encouraging yet more angry opinions.

FWIW, I thought Ayr bullied us a wee bit physically, but other than Higgins swipe on Spence, it wasn't *that* bad, although I reserve the right to change that opinion depending on seeing the Benedictus incident again.

Zanatta seemed to take about 5 yards to eventually crumple after that tackle, so Higgins could probably consider himself a little unlucky, as could Ayr, as they outplayed us for spells. I'll take it though.

Not sure I understand the opinion of some Ayr supporters that they're more confident after today's result. If Hart continues to let every shot on target in, they've no chance of winning the league. Perhaps they could coax Ryan Stevenson back again?

As for us, I'm no fan of Davidson, but he had a few vital interceptions today, and as other folk have pointed out, Vaughan's willingness to combine workrate to his obvious ability is brilliant. He's a forward thinking wide player that is happy to break up attacks on the edge of his own box. Tremendous.

We've a reasonable looking run of fixtures coming up, although considering we may require Scott Robertson to join the back four, I'll take nothing for granted.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

This thread has taken a bit of a turn.

Looking forward to the highlights coming along and encouraging yet more angry opinions.

FWIW, I thought Ayr bullied us a wee bit physically, but other than Higgins swipe on Spence, it wasn't *that* bad, although I reserve the right to change that opinion depending on seeing the Benedictus incident again.

Zanatta seemed to take about 5 yards to eventually crumple after that tackle, so Higgins could probably consider himself a little unlucky, as could Ayr, as they outplayed us for spells. I'll take it though.

Not sure I understand the opinion of some Ayr supporters that they're more confident after today's result. If Hart continues to let every shot on target in, they've no chance of winning the league. Perhaps they could coax Ryan Stevenson back again?

As for us, I'm no fan of Davidson, but he had a few vital interceptions today, and as other folk have pointed out, Vaughan's willingness to combine workrate to his obvious ability is brilliant. He's a forward thinking wide player that is happy to break up attacks on the edge of his own box. Tremendous.

We've a reasonable looking run of fixtures coming up, although considering we may require Scott Robertson to join the back four, I'll take nothing for granted.

The line trotted out by both Raith and Hearts about Callachan being a 'box to box player' fades into insignificance where Lewis is concerned.

He is a 'bye line to bye line player' typified by his header off the line against East Fife and his ability to defend better than our 'cough' defenders.

The last time we had a player of that ilk was Baird, whom I am glad to say was good, but Lewis is a far better player and I am so glad he has remained loyal to the club in spite of last season.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

The line trotted out by both Raith and Hearts about Callachan being a 'box to box player' fades into insignificance where Lewis is concerned.

He is a 'bye line to bye line player' typified by his header off the line against East Fife and his ability to defend better than our 'cough' defenders.

The last time we had a player of that ilk was Baird, whom I am glad to say was good, but Lewis is a far better player and I am so glad he has remained loyal to the club in spite of last season.

I don't think Lewis has been the issue. Certainly there is absolutely no bad blood between the fans and him, even before his ridiculous goalscoring feats. 

We weren't put in the position where the club had the chance to entertain a bid. He'll be gone in the Summer, but frankly we've had two more years than I thought we would out of him. He's been incredibly loyal, and like Callachan deserves a crack at a higher level (without rolling out the "can't stand in his way"). I'm just enjoying watching his determination combined with his current goalscoring form. 

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Indeed. His work rate is phenomenal. The lad's flying right now and it's a joy to watch. Still beggars belief we sent him out on loan last season.. 

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Lewis deserves a big 'Easter Island' heid type statue down the Prom.

@Bambino7 get rattling the cans for donations.

:lol: I'll carve it out myself. He's top goalscorer, but even in terms of technical ability I don't think anyone comes close to Vaughan at this level. Hopefully he keeps his form up. 

Archived