Dundee v St Johnstone 16.09.17

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to open all mics is absolutely brutal, when he said five minutes I nearly shat myself. Pacing around until the final whistle. Don't care how the 3 points were achieved, they just needed to ge achieved somehow. Hopefully a confidence booster for the team going forward into the next run of fixtures. Now to smash the green Bhigots and kick on with the rest of the season.......

What a game football is, btw, second half was great entertainment. Scenes upon scenes when within seconds we'd scored an equaliser, had it disalloweded and then conceded a penalty. Raging at the time, but the adrenaline is braw.

We deserved nothing from that match, limp performance against a Dundee side who simply wanted it more. Starting line up didn't really help, and Johnstone, as expected, looks an absolute huddy.

Second half much the same until Bain decided to absolutely clatter Cummins, who was never ever going to get close to scoring if he'd simply let him attempt to control the ball (it wouldve bounced off his shin and out for a goal kick). No idea why Andersons goal was ruled out, it meant he had no choice but to give us a second pen when O'Dea randomly decided to bear hug his man down, in plain view of everyone.

We'll respond to this, and it'll give a few players a decent kick up the arse. Easton, Foster, Craig, Wotherspoon and MacLean were all absolutely dire.

Dundee are a strange team, I'd honestly be worried they almost failed to win against a team playing as badly as we did.

So lads, top 6? Europe?

Seriously though, although Bain made a tit of himself for the penalty what O'Dea was up to is on a different level entirely. He had two fistfuls of shirt in plain view of the referee who had just spent about a minute talking to the lot of them, as far as I'm aware he's not invisible and the only explanation is to say he reckons that it's so blatant the ref won't believe he's stupid enough to do it.

Giving teams two free goals is not going to work well for us.

[emoji38] get it right fucking up you. Dundee own you diddies at Dens. 4 hidings in a row. 

Gloat away, Derby wins are always special

Scoreline that flattered Saints, who were second best all over the pitch. Dundee played with no fear, which is a credit to McCann and the players given their league placing but were aggressive and tireless in their effort too. That Saints didn't match those most basic of qualities, made it no surprise that only one side was really able to play their football.

The opener is a howler from Mannus and games in this league are generally so tight that it's another thing you can't really afford to allow to happen. Shame for him as his form has been really good this season.

Whilst I'd struggle to give many pass marks to those in white, was impressed by a number of Dundee players, especially the younger lads involved; Kamara and Spence dominated the centre of the park.

Obviously bitterly disappointing to not turn up at Dens yet again but should try to avoid focusing too much on individual matches and you'd have taken a 3-2-1 record from our opening six games every day of the week. Need to get the basics right next week against another team that invariably do themselves.

Archived