Squad face Slovenia and Slovakia

Perfectly understand the point that Craigkillie makes.   But this is a game we need to win if we play with Forrest in front of Tierney you can absolutely guarantee we won't create anything down the right and we're back to relying on Andy Roberston as our creating spark.   The performances from Forrest and Phillips in the last game were as bad as you'll ever see from wide players.   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Somewhat concerned by Snodgrass playing and scoring tonight. We're far better without him.

A goal in the championship is probably worth 5 Scotland caps.

Going back down the snodgrass route would be a backward step

Somewhat concerned by Snodgrass playing and scoring tonight. We're far better without him.

A goal in the championship is probably worth 5 Scotland caps.

Going back down the snodgrass route would be a backward step

It depends what snodgrass played tonight, and what one we get next week (if he's picked).

Bang on form he's very, very good for us. But that seems like its been a long time coming.

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

He wasn't carried off or limping but he knew straight away he couldn't continue. Worrying. McGregor potential backup?

Not really a straight swap there though.

Seems Brown felt a niggle and decided not to potentially aggravate it, good experienced play from him.

Not really a straight swap there though.
Seems Brown felt a niggle and decided not to potentially aggravate it, good experienced play from him.

Yeah just heard that. Hopefully no need for a replacement.
Pretty sure McGregor has been or was playing alongside brown for Celtic as one of the holding two? Or has that changed?

If Armstrong was to miss out I'd bring McGregor into the squad and straight into the starting eleven, but in all likelihood Snodgrass would be back in the team. Brown missing out would be unfortunate but Morrison and McArthur is still a solid partnership, losing Armstrong would be a massive blow.

Brown & Armstrong now definitely ruled out.

Even if we were to call up Calum McGregor, there's no chance Strachan will put him straight in, even though he'd be a decent replacement for Armstrong.

My bet is Strachan will go with a midfield three of D Fletcher, McArthur and Morrison and we'll get nowhere.

Darren Fletcher and James Morrison - you could argue - are better footballers than Brown and Armstrong. I have no problem with them coming in to replace them. Its a blow because Brown can set the tempo but we are strong in midfield.

I'd be more worried about losing Brown, although that's only on the coin-toss of whether he'd put in a Ukraine-like performance where he gets under their skin, or more like last season's player where he struggles to make any impact at all.  Armstrong will be a big miss, but I don't think he's 100% integral just yet.  

I just hope he doesn't start Snodgrass, or if he does, it's the Snodgrass that started the campaign, and not the one that has played the rest of it.

Archived