Squad face Slovenia and Slovakia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A shame cairneys injured he could have replaced Armstrong. The very fact we have 3 central midfielders out and still have MacArthur Fletcher bannan mcgregor dorrans and McGinn shows we do have good depth in midfield. A few years ago we would have been really struggling

Brown and Armstrong have been crucial to our recent turnaround in form.

We've got a lot of options but this is a huge blow.

Think any additions will happen early next week.  No point in calling someone else up then they get injured at the weekend.  Imagine we'll get at least one player called up before Thursday, and wouldn't be surprised if it was McGregor.

Yup, I know - typical.

Still don't think he's at a similar level to Morrison but then you don't really know until he makes that step up.

We could play both.
If McGinn plays in the holding two alongside Fletcher or McArthur, they will hopefully give him licence to go forward a wee bit more. If Morrison is further forward, then the two of them could interchange throughout the match like Armstrong and McArthur did in the last two games.
I wouldn’t be against a trio of McGinn, McArthur and Morrison.

Matt Ritchie is oot aswell

Ffs another midfielder!

Who could we call up as a replacement? Strachan's made too much of a big deal about dropping Burke to the unders so I can't see it being him. Only really George Boyd and Kenny McLean that I can think of and both are very unlikely.

I may be reading this wrong but I don't see Strachan calling up Macgregor if he didn't plan to use him at some point over the 2 games, otherwise what's the point? 

Hadn't seen that Ritchie was out so that's another blow as I like him. Jamesy Forrest incoming! 

Archived