The big Falkirk relegation/administration thread...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair play. As turnarounds go it's not been bad. I've seen better, but not many.

You're now closer to the good playoffs than the bad ones. Any chance you could yet haul in United?

Nah. I think once we're sure of 8th performances will drop off a cliff. Nothing to play for and I suspect some of those players already know whether they'll be here again next season

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Nah. I think once we're sure of 8th performances will drop off a cliff. Nothing to play for and I suspect some of those players already know whether they'll be here again next season

No danger. 8th place is ours. 

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Fair enough. I think you're safe now. Would welcome that slump before we play you.

I was reading through this thread a few days ago. 

The last 11 games or so have completely turned this around.

Still not out the woods quite yet but being closer to the top end playoffs than the bottom end playoffs after this horror show of a season is remarkable.

Were Falkirk not something like 9 points behind Dumbarton with a couple of games in hand at the turn of the year?

2 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Were Falkirk not something like 9 points behind Dumbarton with a couple of games in hand at the turn of the year?

Yip. We haven't scored a league goal since about 3 weeks before the turn of the year where Falkirk have gone out and pumped quite a few of the teams they've played. You guys are entirely out of the woods, we're playing for time until the play-offs start now.

I was reading through this thread a few days ago. 
The last 11 games or so have completely turned this around.
Still not out the woods quite yet but being closer to the top end playoffs than the bottom end playoffs after this horror show of a season is remarkable.

We were 5 behind Dumbarton having played a game more on the 25th of November (when we lost 3-0 at home to Morton)

Like Ross managed in last year's January window, Hartley punting a load of underachievers seems to have given Falkirk a lift. Compare that to us where we've simply signed a load of similarly average-at-best players without moving anyone on. We could field two (weak) teams. Pre-season the manager's mantra was "quality over quantity" but that has gone out the window. 

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Like Ross managed in last year's January window, Hartley punting a load of underachievers seems to have given Falkirk a lift. Compare that to us where we've simply signed a load of similarly average-at-best players without moving anyone on. We could field two (weak) teams. Pre-season the manager's mantra was "quality over quantity" but that has gone out the window. 

Yes, who could have predicted that signing jobbers like Craigen, Vincent and Aird would fail to propel you Preemership-ward.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, who could have predicted that signing jobbers like Craigen, Vincent and Aird would fail to propel you Preemership-ward.

I'd be astonished if AJ could remember all the players' names. Best of all he has left us with only three strikers, none of whom score goals any more.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd be astonished if AJ could remember all the players' names. Best of all he has left us with only three strikers, none of whom score goals any more.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Won't find anyone disagreeing with that. Except one man perhaps.

It's actually astonishingly Houston-like.

An increasing number of randomly unimpressive players in a bloated squad, and strikers becoming jaded and clearly not up to it any more (Baird / McHugh for us last year, McManus, Clark for you).

20 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair play. As turnarounds go it's not been bad. I've seen better, but not many.

You're now closer to the good playoffs than the bad ones. Any chance you could yet haul in United?

I wouldn't be surprised if we do catch Utd tbh. Their players seem to have chucked it and we've taken 9 points out of them over the last 6 games. We also came from further back to catch them last season IIRC. Although staying ahead of Inverness along with passing the Pars and Queens seems a step too far though 

Archived