The Apprentice 2019

The Minertaur

Load of shit. I know the tasks are designed for them to look like idiots but two people who's "dream" it was to have Alan Sugar invest in them struggled to think of a name, a website, a USP or any real direction in their marketing for the final task. Sarah, who's business has been going for seven years struggled to think of a decent name? Aye right. Convoluted, heavily edited nonsense. 

They should take break from the norm and do a Celebrity one for the fact that they genuinely would be shit at some of the tasks and they would all fall out, or they change the format dramatically.

The whole show has gone downhill for years. The 1st few years was excellent when they seemed genuine and were fighting to get a job. The 1st winner the guy from the London underground seemed like a decent down to earth guy.

Now it's all about who makes good tv. Attractive blonde, check, foreigner, check, loud aggressive bully, check. Watching them beg to be saved in the boardroom in cringworthy. If I was on it is just tell them how it is, f**k trying to beg a millionaire to invest in me. Would I f**k be calling the guy 'Lord' sugar, is name is Alan! Just massaging his ego, he doesn't allow Karen Brady to be called 'lady' on the show!

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

The whole show has gone downhill for years. The 1st few years was excellent when they seemed genuine and were fighting to get a job. The 1st winner the guy from the London underground seemed like a decent down to earth guy.

Now it's all about who makes good tv. Attractive blonde, check, foreigner, check, loud aggressive bully, check. Watching them beg to be saved in the boardroom in cringworthy. If I was on it is just tell them how it is, f**k trying to beg a millionaire to invest in me. Would I f**k be calling the guy 'Lord' sugar, is name is Alan! Just massaging his ego, he doesn't allow Karen Brady to be called 'lady' on the show!

Is it not that if she was called Lady Brady she would sound like a Viz character, which would be at odds with the sneering arsehole of a character she portrays/ actually is?

On 17/12/2017 at 21:38, NewBornBairn said:

Another thing: this is their own business idea that they've been working on for a long time but they don't even have a clue what the name is?

Advertising rules, they have a name but have to change it because it's the BBC.

Sham of a decision overall though this year

On 19/12/2017 at 11:25, pleslie99 said:

This largely. The whole "Lord Sugar" this and "Lord Sugar" that thing has irritated me for a while.

The programme was a much better concept when it was a 12 week job interview. It has never been as good since it became a 12 week long episode of Dragon's Den.

This series has been dreadful with barely a decent candidate. Sarah should probably have been runner up though with a wee bit more experience and planning Joanna's idea might have had mileage. James should have been disqualified and quite possibly charged with fraud the second they discovered him using a trade body accreditation he wasnt entitled to. That they did so and still put him through and indeed made him a winner is embarrassing and undermines the credibility. 

Michaela should have won. Easily. The hypocrisy of Alan Sugar, who of course is known for not investing in more than one business at a time, taking the hump because Michaela has half a dozen existing successful businesses wad not lost on me. She obviously managed to take at least three months out to do the series. I'm willing to bet taking extended time to concentrate on the new one wouldnt have been a big deal. She appeared to have the best thought out plan and a proven track record for business success. Farcical decision.

I will still watch the next one though........

Edited by Skyline Drifter

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This largely. The whole "Lord Sugar" this and "Lord Sugar" that thing has irritated me for a while.

The programme was a much better concept when it was a 12 week job interview. It has never been as good since it became a 12 week long episode of Dragon's Den.

This series has been dreadful with barely a decent candidate. Sarah should probably have been runner up though with a wee bit more experience and planning Joanna's idea might have had mileage. James should have been disqualified and quite possibly charged with fraud the second they discovered him using a trade body accreditation he wasnt entitled to. That they did so and still put him through and indeed made him a winner is embarrassing and undermines the credibility. 

Michaela should have won. Easily. The hypocrisy of Alan Sugar, who of course is known for not investing in more than one business at a time, taking the hump because Michaela has half a dozen existing successful businesses wad not lost on me. She obviously managed to take at least three months out to do the series. I'm willing to bet taking extended time to concentrate on the new one wouldnt have been a big deal. She appeared to have the best thought out plan and a proven track record for business success. Farcical decision.

I will still watch the next one though........

I dont think the decision not to invest in someone who has other business is that unreasonable in itself. The fact that they clearly knew about it, let her go through 12 weeks on the show and then used it as a reason not to invest is farcical. 

James clearly had some uncompromising pictures of Lord Sugar. Theres no other explanation for him getting that far never mind ending up a winner. Total snake of a guy, sacked from his last job and using an accreditation on his website he wasnt a member of before he even entered the process, and then a poor business plan, based it seems on convincing some major clients to jump ship from his old company, with no USP or anything to differentiate it from the thousands of other IT recruitment companies around.

I also hope the irony of Sugar complaining about how this was going to cost him half a mill as he was sat in the back of his chauffeur driven £300k+ roller wasnt lost on you either!

So we've got a whole new bunch of eager candidates hoping to earn Lord Sugars investment in their business.  

The Apprentice 2018 (BBC, EH)+

As per usual the quotes are the best part of the build up to the show...

“Whatever I say I’m going to make happen happens. I’m a serious Mumpreneur who doesn’t have time for timewasters and idiocy.”

"I am a mix of Willy Wonka drinking an espresso martini… classy and sophisticated on the outside; inside, a little bit crazy and wacky but full of brilliant ideas."

“There’s no need to watch your back when I’m already two steps in front.”

The show starts on Wednesday the 3rd of October at 9pm - BBC1.

Who are we all rooting for?  Sabrina for me - blonde girl at the back.

Edited by The Minertaur

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
Tonight's the night!  Bring on the latest batch of complete idiots.

Had no idea it was starting tonight. Get in! Hopefully one or two wids into the bargain.

Theres a 10 minute "meet the candidates" available on demand. Should be long enough for you to decide in advance