Hibs vs Dons 14.10.17

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We finished the game with Logan, Arnason, McKenna, Shinnie, O’Connor, Ball and Reynolds all on the pitch. Top quality shithousing from Derek.

BBC made a 4-6-0 comment and Levein having a "wry smile", disappointed there wasn't a song for the occasion

Wee bit unlucky, the one moment of class in the game was McLean's pass for the goal. Genuinely think Hibs aren't far away from Aberdeen, and they have to be our benchmark atm.

Actually enjoyed the game overall, looking forward to Pittodrie in December.

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Wee bit unlucky, the one moment of class in the game was McLean's pass for the goal. Genuinely think Hibs aren't far away from Aberdeen, and they have to be our benchmark atm.

Think it's been moved for TV? Pity as could have been a decent away support.

58 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Think it's been moved for TV? Pity as could have been a decent away support.

Aye, half 12 kick off. Announced after you could even contemplate a relatively cheapish train ticket. The SPFL, the gift that keeps on giving to the only fuckers funding them right enough.

In all seriousness that was a really professional job done today.

Defensively we were brilliant, that centre half pairing is becoming more and more regular and fucking hell shay Logan what a player. He was absolutely superb today my MOTM by a mile.

Still unconvinced by o Connor, put us in trouble a few times with some really basic mistakes today but did some good stuff too.

Happy for GMS as he was due a good performance, jury is still out though. Sublime pass from McLean for the goal.

Hibs are a very good side, lots of pace from midfield which had me fearful for pretty much the duration of the game. I think they'll be top 4 at least.

Fantastic result though, COYR

O'Connor wasn't at his best today - gave the ball away too often and some iffy decision-making. Having said that, he has started the season well and he balances midfield, allowing Logan and Shinnie to commit higher when necessary and offering a layer of protection to Arnason and McKenna. The whole defensive unit has looked solid over the past three games, which is pleasing. 

Logan was terrific; he had a dodgy start to the season, but he hardly put a foot wrong today. Arnason is a class act - his reading of the game is superb, and the whole defence looks much more coherent with him in the centre. McKenna, who also played very well, undoubtedly benefits from his presence. McLean made much better use of the ball today, hopefully he's turned a corner after two good performances on the bounce. Shinnie also deserves big praise for how well he has bounced back from the defeat at Motherwell. 

I thought Hanlon was Hibs' best player, and Bartley was quite effective in his time on the pitch. Last ten minutes were very nervy, but we managed the game well against a good team, so I'm delighted with the win. 

Would agree with your thoughts. Think the Dons probably have a stronger defence and a few more options offensively.

Was impressed with McGeogh and McGinn today, and I'm not a huge McGinn fan

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'd just like to inform people that I've notified police scotland that Neil Lennon waved at me when I was shouting 'Lennon get to f**k' today.

Hopefully the authorities treat this with the seriousness it deserves.

May I congratulate you on your restraint in being forced to riot. 

Arnason was my pick today, composure in buckets, and the strength to back it up. He was a rock and the back four played so well together with him.
I thought Hibs probably deserved a point on pressure, but there was never a clear cut chance, a moment where you could say: that should have been a goal. We created one, took it, and got the points. McLean's best showing of the season, which was pleasing. Great to see GMS getting into the groove too. His touch is sublime.
Stevie May deserves credit for an unselfish performance out wide, he was a good outlet, if not particularly lethal. The Hibs defence and midfield looked pretty tasty. Was impressed with McGeoch and McGinn, although the latter still needs to improve his decision making to fulfil his potential.
Cheers Edinburgh, a blast as always. Hibs, I hope you smash the Jambos when you come up against them. Laterz.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Enjoyed that today.

Also enjoyed the audience participation, Lennon giving and taking pelters from the away end. No arseholes complaining to the police or stewards either.

See, there's a good way and a bad way to abuse Neil. That's what Hearts and Rangers never understood. Thanks to the Dons fans for reminding us why Scotland is the only place where 'c**t' isn't necessarily a pejorative. 

Most frustrating game I have seen at Easter Road for a while and there have been a few. Controlled large parts of the game including up to the goal when it looked like Aberdeen were happy to kick John McGinn and settle for the draw. Became quite clear we were never going to score with no guile or ingenuity in the final third. Thought Logan was outstanding and handled anything we threw up the left side. Took Lennon til far too late to switch Boyle to the right but he was unable to take advantage and telegraphed his turning inside time after time. Got to say I was very disappointed in Aberdeen and their tactics though it worked for them on the day. We are in bother if we don't sort out the striker issue as any team parking the bus will get a result.

Most frustrating game I have seen at Easter Road for a while and there have been a few. Controlled large parts of the game including up to the goal when it looked like Aberdeen were happy to kick John McGinn and settle for the draw. Became quite clear we were never going to score with no guile or ingenuity in the final third. Thought Logan was outstanding and handled anything we threw up the left side. Took Lennon til far too late to switch Boyle to the right but he was unable to take advantage and telegraphed his turning inside time after time. Got to say I was very disappointed in Aberdeen and their tactics though it worked for them on the day. We are in bother if we don't sort out the striker issue as any team parking the bus will get a result.

[emoji1]

Archived