Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The only option is selling the ground and us not playing there. That's their deal breaker.      

Is it? f**k the SFA, sell the lot, pay back the lottery money and pull down the shutters. Goodnight.

This looks more precarious than I ever thought it could be. It’d seem we’re also almost entirely powerless to do anything other than bend over for the SFA. If a deal isn’t reached and they go to Murrayfield, we’re talking life or death stuff. Terrifying tbh.

Could Hampden not be financially viable if the office spaces continued to be rented out, as well as concert revenue, conference revenue, and hiring out the pitch to whoever would want it. Pay back any debts as best as possible, which would be better for creditors than liquidation?

Edited by Glasgow1999

Let’s hope the SFA don’t put profit first here and forget about the importance of Queen’s Park to scottish football. Their setup means they always have high numbers of youngsters playing with many ending up playing at a high level. One of the few teams who will give kids a chance to progress. Whatever happens a fair deal should be reached that allows QP to continue as before. 

9 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Could Hampden not be financially viable if the office spaces continued to be rented out, as well as concert revenue, conference revenue, and hiring out the pitch to whoever would want it. Pay back any debts as best as possible, which would be better for creditors than liquidation?

Flog it for whatever, redevelop Lesser Hampden and chase this crowd. I'd burn it down before I sold it to The SFA.

If your house was for sale, would you sell to someone who smashed the windows and set fire to your car on the drive, then offered you 5% of the asking price?

The SFA have a duty to all of their member clubs, of which Queens Park are one.

It would be a disgrace if the SFA f**k over Queens Park, and also a dereliction of their duty. I hope Queens Park are taking legal advice here.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Flog it for whatever, redevelop Lesser Hampden and chase this crowd. I'd burn it down before I sold it to The SFA.

If your house was for sale, would you sell to someone who smashed the windows and set fire to your car on the drive, then offered you 5% of the asking price?

Image result for mafia

Common sense please. Sounds like the SFA will be the big winners out of this so the least they can do is cut QP a good deal with either perpetual free tenancy at Hampden or build up LH to a decent standard for them.

Correct. The SFA are absolutely correct to look to own the ground as they then have the control needed to raise private finance to redevelop properly.

To me, QP should get Lesser Hampden and the SFA should build it up to scratch properly with a stand and terracing.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, but it's not a house, and to the best of my knowledge (and correct me if I'm wrong here Wilson) but I'm not aware of any other national football federation who would like to buy Hampden as it stands to use as their own stadium instead.

So returning to reality, yes the 33 acre site is worth a fortune to housing, but unfortunately there would be huge demolition and site levelling costs (think about how low the pitch is below ground level), as well as debenture issues to settle. So taking all that into account, do you think that's wise sir?

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The obvious solution is for Queen's Park to move to Murrayfield.

Run along and play now wee chap, the grown-ups are trying to have an adult conversation and your usual contributions aren't what we need right now. However, if we find ourselves homeless and itinerant, you can be sure you'll be the first we come to for your expertise on that front.

Run along and play now wee chap, the grown-ups are trying to have an adult conversation and your usual contributions aren't what we need right now. However, if we find ourselves homeless and itinerant, you can be sure you'll be the first we come to for your expertise on that front.

I bet you’re great fun at parties.