Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

On Friday, February 02, 2018 at 12:23, PrestersKTID said:

DU993_TW0AMEmh-.jpg.fb6c2367fef9f51174195874896e749e.jpgDU993_SW4AA0_sK.jpg.8705a27f4454a85baa343f74d2fa4bec.jpg

Seen this  on twitter showing how Stuttgart managed to change their stadium from basically the same as hampden to a more conventional stadium closer to pitch. 63 million euros. Worth it?

It does resemble Hampden.  There's not much of a footprint around it either...

mercedes-benz-arena.jpg

Should've done something similar in the 90s when Hampden was done up.

11 hours ago, Lurkst said:

0580510b0d718ba50de92f87631d43b1.jpg

The North Stand now is more or less the old North Enclosure with seats and roof on it. I was never in the old North Stand, although I've been informed it was a dump. Had a google there and it held around 4500.

For those fans who have never been to Hampden, this photo was taken in 1993.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:20, thisal said:

As I said it can be done as it was there before.  What the photograph doesn't show is that the stand only takes up slightly more than half the area under cover. Despite being the smallest Hampden actually has a bigger footprint than both  Murrayfield and Parkhead, even including the area overhanging Janefield street. Personally I would move the Pitch 20 yards closer to the South stand and completely rebuild another 3 double tiered stands close to the pitch and open them to suit the size of the crowd. Money though.

How long do you think it would take you?

What is their obsession with running tracks?  I know they were probably more the rage back in 1992, and you open it up to being able to hold athletics, but it's not really conducive to a good watching experience for what was presumably its main function.

I do like the very generic "fast food" stalls though.

On 04/02/2018 at 10:54, Savage Henry said:

For those fans who have never been to Hampden, this photo was taken in 1993.

At the risk of being whooshed, bollocks. That was knocked down in the early 80's

Edited by JT1867

13 hours ago, The Champions Erect said:

Screenshot_20180206-002737.jpg

How much would it be to Airlift the Juventus stadium and drop it somewhere roundabout Eurocentral. Add a few high speed rail links and the worlds biggest food court?

Ideal.

That's the biz. Towering, steep stands, right up against the pitch. Perfecto.

Only holds 41,000 though.

In an ideal World we need 60-70,000 capacity over 3 closeable tiers. Lower = 25,000. Middle = 15-25,000. Upper = 15-20,000 in order for it to satisfy all needs. i.e: 25,000 capacity for LC/SC SF's between smaller teams & unattractive Int. friendlies. 40-50,000 for LC/SC Finals between non OF* teams and your typical Int. fixtures and 60-70,000 for OF* Cup Finals/SF's as well as key Int. matches.

You're right though, Juve's stadium is a cracker and something to be modeled on.

That and the the national stadium in Warsaw are probably my two favourite stadiums that I have visited

Best atmosphere I’ve experienced there too

Dortmund’s wasn’t anywhere near as good, although Germany fans were quite boring in comparison to the Polish

I agree, what a total bellend!

Why thank you.
However my point was semi serious probably more with regards whether there should actually be a Scottish national team rather than where the stadium should be. As much as I love Scotland and voted yes, bottling out of an indy vote should see us compete as team GB with the rest of the home nations. I didnt agree with much of Mr Blatters points but its hard to disagree with that one.
*Awaits onslaught from tartan army members*